Post your aftermarket head units and audio setups

Here's a noname ebay one, has all the features I want though...ones like this run about 400.

hu0021.jpg

does the lcd above the radio work?

It was stated by the builder to be ~0.8 cubic feet. I doubt that accounts for the volume of the speaker itself so the true volume should be very near to the 0.625 that JL recommends.

Doozy, only the temp shows up on mine, and it remains backlit red(color washed out from the camera flash). The 700$ and up ones run everything, I believe they are CANBUS ready for each harness. My steering wheel controls work though!

OT: halo0, are you on ETS by any chance? I tried to PM you but it looks like you're not accepting PMs?

ETS = Echoingthesound.org. Its a NIN message board :D you should check it out

<-------HUGE nin fan.....

that = project car only.... lol now if you had that in a daily idk what id do, my subs take up about 1/3 that amount

True. I wish I was as smrt as he is and knew as much about my system as he does.

I'm "smrt" enough to know it's pointless.

There are so many reason the stealth sub is a complete fail.

Like i said it "looks nice". Kinda like "all show no go".

Last edited:
that = project car only.... lol now if you had that in a daily idk what id do, my subs take up about 1/3 that amount
is my daily driver as well as competion car 08 with just under 60k on her. enough room left for over nite bag still can remove spare if needed hopefuly not.

I like my bass clean and accurate which is what a sealed box provides. Your muddy ported setup could easily be summarized in rhyme as well. "all bass no space."

I like my bass clean and accurate which is what a sealed box provides. Your muddy ported setup could easily be summarized in rhyme as well. "all bass no space."

LOL and a sealed box doesn't need a "reflective surface"? I've have have my fare share of sealed boxes. Another reason this box is pointless.....

I could go on if you want.

Sounds like a matter of preference over actual fact. Any SQ readings to support your claims? The scope of your argument is very two-dimensional; typical of most who prioritize volume over quality.

The doors in these cars are barely adequate enough to support stock drivers before significant modification is required. That's been echoed time and time again both here and on DIYMA. We're not talking dynamat and MDF baffles; we're talking complete reinforcement of the plastic pannels to prevent warping/separation at higher volume. That's why many enthusiasts run dedicated drivers in these cars instead of relying on larger components/movement to reproduce the entire frequency range.

A small dedicated driver won't win bragging rights on volume, but it WILL be accurate and provide sufficient in-cabin volume. It's perfect for those who prioritize practicality and SQ without the need for significant modification.

For someone who is 35 years old, you sure have the smart mouth attitude of a teenager.

is my daily driver as well as competion car 08 with just under 60k on her. enough room left for over nite bag still can remove spare if needed hopefuly not.

nice man, i just hit 64k on my miles, like there are good subs and bad subs, i like mine cuz its smooth bass not like some of the bad set ups in jettas, they just sound like the sub is going to rip apart, i think it has to do with the air pressure in the back, like when i have the lid on it sound 2-3 times nicer than without the cover, and btw your car is mint duuuude

Latest posts

Back