Post Pictures of Your CX-5 Mods, Upgrades and Accessories!

Ok then, if those are caliper covers then I don't like them either. They're fake and hold the heat in more than they would if painted.

Few upgrades! :

Light bar mounted to intercooler bolt holes
Offset licence plate for light bar
Hella Horns
LED fog lights, rewired to be available all the time
LED driving lights on fog housing
LED rear fog lights
Black Plastic Dip on all chrome and roof rails
Carbon wrap on the hood (Had a few rock chips and wanted to protect it from more)

tempImageVHXsUy.jpg

tempImagenfiDVk.jpg

I was extremely dissatisfied with the lighting in the trunk area so added some LEDs in the lift gate. They work even with the cargo cover attached and have been super helpful.

Wired with a flush push button switch next to the cigarette lighter. All wiring is routed through the existing grommet so you can't see them.

Very happy with the result for a < $50 task that only took a couple hours to install. I'll do the same with my partners 2019 CX-5.

tempImageaIWpse.jpg

tempImageQRARK1.jpg

tempImageSRP9n5.jpg

tempImageGXh5kr.jpg

Very happy with the result for a < $50 task that only took a couple hours to install. I'll do the same with my partners 2019 CX-5.
I did a very similar thing in our 2014, but I installed it in the headliner (we don't use a cargo cover).

However, in the 2019 I found I only needed to swap out the existing tailgate bulb with a bright white LED bulb and that proved to be plenty. Just FYI.

I did a very similar thing in our 2014, but I installed it in the headliner (we don't use a cargo cover).

However, in the 2019 I found I only needed to swap out the existing tailgate bulb with a bright white LED bulb and that proved to be plenty. Just FYI.
Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out.

What size and type led bulb did you use in your trunk light of 2019 cx5? I can't seem to find the correct size.

Great thread! I got several ideas. Figure I would share 2 upgrades? mods? I did to my wifes '21 cx-5. I vinyl wrapped the stupid hockey sticks and built my first ever fiberglass sub box. She said I could put a sub in there but it had to look factory and not take up any of the trunk space. I did remove one of the foam pieces around the spare tire and molded that for the lower part of the box. Its about .85 cu ft... perfect for that 8" kicker. I did think I was wrapping the box in black carpet.... until i put it in the car the first time and realized it was in fact gray carpet. DOH!

Attachments

• IMG_3049.jpg
    IMG_3049.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_3044.jpg
    IMG_3044.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_2542.jpg
    IMG_2542.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_2533.jpg
    IMG_2533.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_2516.jpg
    IMG_2516.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_2500.jpg
    IMG_2500.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 200
I just got this 21 GT a couple weeks ago and the slippery steering wheel bothered me. On the test ride I noticed I was squeezing my grip hard just to make light turns. It also felt a little too skinny so I decided to get a wrap. I got this perforated leather from wheelskins.com and put it on myself. Huge improvement in grip and comfort! I can still get plenty of heat to my hands from the heated steering wheel too. First time installing one so I had to reverse my lacing a few times to get it to look right but next time will be perfect.🤷‍♂️
20231013_163503_HDR.jpg

20231013_174640.jpg

I just got this 21 GT a couple weeks ago and the slippery steering wheel bothered me. On the test ride I noticed I was squeezing my grip hard just to make light turns. It also felt a little too skinny so I decided to get a wrap. I got this perforated leather from wheelskins.com and put it on myself. Huge improvement in grip and comfort! I can still get plenty of heat to my hands from the heated steering wheel too. First time installing one so I had to reverse my lacing a few times to get it to look right but next time will be perfect.🤷‍♂️
View attachment 323144

View attachment 323145
It's all about comfort, not aesthetics.

Exactly. Now if only I could replace the seat cushions with whatever volvo used in my old xc70😅
I can relate, the seats in my 80 Volvo DL were the most comfortable of any car I have ever owned... I think a lot was that the bottom cushion was generous and not like a tiny park bench like everything is now, haha.

Back