Post pics of your Mazda5

Just washed my car with my new turn signal mirrors installed.
5y2yvavu.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Loaded with the kayaks on top, dogs and cargo inside. Second pic is fuzzy from sunscreen on the phone's camera lens. This is with the OEM roof rack, the Thule 872XT fairing, and Thule j-racks from Dick's Sporting Goods. Thule doesn't list these j-racks on their website, as they seem to be specific to Dick's stores. The model number on the box is 815. In any event, they work fine. Not super easy but not super difficult to load either. You run ratchet straps over the kayak, through the j-rack, and around the roof rack then use bow and stern lines to help shore things up. I tied those lines down to the tow hook in front and on my trailer hitch in the back. Drove three hours each way and the kayaks stayed pretty still and stable. Also much quieter than anticipated, but I never went above 65 MPH. Definitely howled but still quieter than expected. One thing to know is that the rear wiper was rendered unusable, as the stern lines ran against it. If you could get a couple inches away from the rear of the vehicle and tie down to, say, a hitch ball, then you could use the wiper. Didn't rain on me so it wasn't a problem but something to keep in mind.

IMG_20140613_173345_843.jpg

IMG_20140615_164406_730.jpg

I see your single kayaks and raise you two tandems! Scary as he!! on the highway; they're two huge sails up there. I'm really curious about the updraft limit on these racks on the Mazda5 (I have the same base setup as you), but can't find any data online.

Here is my lowest Mazda
edf72c4s-960.jpg

Spring AutoExe -30 and original absorbers. Who ordered the spring Eybah Pro -40 and sports shock absorbers Plaza (analog BILSTEIN B6), as well as the set of all the levers of polyurethane. Will soon be even lower :)

And yet sometimes we look like this ..
a37dcf4s-960.jpg

On our way up to "The City" six passengers (myself, wife, 17 year old, 1 year old, 5 year old, and 14 year old), Chicco Liteway stroller, two duffle bags, and laptop bag behind third row, bagpack, and diaper bag between right front seat and right second row seat with rear facing convertible car seat and of course a medium sized rolling suit case, playard and duffle bag on top Yakima basket. Constant 70-80mph with various bathroom and stretching breaks and constant 20 mpg average.
blXxlJp.jpg

Back