Poll: Roof Box Size and Color

What size Thule Atlantis Box and What Color?

• Atlantis 1800 Black

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Atlantis 1800 Silver

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Atlantis 1600 Black

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Atlantis 1600 Silver

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TinMan

No one had pics so I am trying photoshop and I still can't decide. I want the biggest box that still looks good on top of the CX-9. Choices are the Thule Atlantis 18 cuft box or the 16 cuft box. Both come in black or silver. My photoshopping might not be exactly to scale, but I took measurements and the length and where they are mounted should be close to reality. Maybe this will help someone else out too, so give me your vote. (I didn't post 1600 in silver, but you can extrapolate color and size from the other photos.)

Attachments

• Black 1800.jpg
    Black 1800.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 251
  • Silver 1800.jpg
    Silver 1800.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 235
  • Black 1600.jpg
    Black 1600.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 258
Last edited:
Hmmm.... DashingMax and I usually agree on things...

But I voted for the 1800 in silver! I think the silver reduces the visual bulk of the box and would work well with your vehicle color. And you can never have too much storage space :)

Bear in mind that the factory cross bars maximum distance apart is only 30". I used the Thule 450 foot mounts instead because you can mount them further apart on the side rails. I still bought the 1600 because the 1800 cantilivered too far out on both ends. On the 1800, the rear of the box can only stick out so far off the rear so the hatch will not hit it when open and it sticks way out on the front that it flexes too much.

Back