Please help me with my hail damaged PR5

homestar5 said:
well i didnt do it...you guys convinced me. im looking at the regular proteges now (btw, had a chance to buy a not so bad hail damaged '05 mazda3 from a dealership for $12.7, but that was just out of my price range)

thanks, i think id be crying right now if i had done the deal.

:D

Sent you a PM...

HOLY s*** THAT IS MY CAR!!!!!

Wow I always wondered what happened to it...... maybe I should buy it :)

Well I read through all your posts. The dash mat was there (I bought it for the car because my parents said it was necessary to protect the dash) although it is ugly as hell. Not hiding any damage.

Unibody damage - caused ONLY by hail. No accidents on the car (well, except for when I slid into my friend's Xterra, see my cardomain site for pictures...) - but no structural damage, and I spent a lot of money fixing that.

The car was perfect going into the hail storm. Mechanically perfect. I took the RB catback and sold it to a forum member here (I think he lives in Houston). We left the stock exhaust in the back of the car and yes, I HAVE THE LUG NUTS THAT ARE MISSING, because the damn insurance company refused to give me any extra money for them, so the guys at the body shop told us we could take them. I was gonna use them on my subaru, but they dont fit :( I had to laugh when I heard about the missing lugs.

It seems as though this guy only fixed the front and rear windows. I am not sure if there was electronics damage or not. The body shop told me that they would have to test it all. The damage was quoted at about $12,500. I do not think this car would be worth buying at the listed price on EBAY, but if someone does buy it I would like to know who they are. I wouldnt mind trying to buy it myself actually, if I could get a really good deal... But then again I suppose I dont need another car, but I do miss Ace (my car's name). Its cool to see that he is still alive and kicking (I knew his fate wasnt that of a junkyard) :)

Lord_Zath said:
I guess that's gotta be something freaky to see your old car like that.

yeah tell me about it. I thought it was junked... makes me kind of wish I bought it and sold it on ebay or something...

but I guess he will never sell it for a lot unless he fixes it.

All the time I was freaking out realizing it was mine. Like seeing the missing lugs, the red dome light, the painted calipers, the dash mat, and of course the hail damage in the same places I remembered (especially that taillight).

REALLY FREAKY

Well at least you're back again for a few posts hehe.

I don't know, though, that p5 is seriously damaged goods. I wouldn't buy that unless it was less than 5k so I had money to invest in fixing it. Even then it might not be worth all the trouble...

yeah it would be a lot to get a good body shop to fix it.

Whatever happened to it? Does anyone know if there is a new page on ebay where its back up for sale?

nelson-preview.gif

I wonder how long it will take for the new owner to come to the forum for help in getting parts.

holy crap ..after reading all that, i dont know what to say, ....except for " i petty the poor guy who bought that

boo-boo said:
holy crap ..after reading all that, i dont know what to say, ....except for " i petty the poor guy who bought that
I know it's so not worth it, just HEADACHE!

well I guess Ace can be happy now that his car still lives on...

though it would be funny if the dude came on here and posted :)

wow so do you guys know if that price was with all the dents fixed or was it "as is"?

Maybe I should have bought it back and sold it on ebay. You can sell anything on ebay nowadays, even tortilla chips that look like saturn....

Thanks for posting the link! I appreciate it a lot, I've been wondering what happened to it. And yeah, I am very happy my car lives on :)

aceP5 said:
wow so do you guys know if that price was with all the dents fixed or was it "as is"?

Maybe I should have bought it back and sold it on ebay. You can sell anything on ebay nowadays, even tortilla chips that look like saturn....

Thanks for posting the link! I appreciate it a lot, I've been wondering what happened to it. And yeah, I am very happy my car lives on :)

I'd say that price is for the car "as is." Oh, this new buyer just bought a Right rear tail light off Ebay. Found it through his feedback history.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Maybe it is a high school body shop, or a guy who does paintless dent removal. Other than that, he might own Bondo, and check for that thing to be reposted soon.

RaiderMP5 said:
Maybe it is a high school body shop, or a guy who does paintless dent removal. Other than that, he might own Bondo, and check for that thing to be reposted soon.
Yeah, we don't know what the case is. Maybe he likes doing bodywork.

OMG 7500 for a hail damage P5, You can buy my turbo Mp5
for 13k with no damage..........

homestar5 said:
Hi everyone, I'm new here...just bought a hail damaged Protege5 off of Ebay, I wouldn't have but he sold it to me for $7500 (i would have liked $7000 but he was pretty firm)...12k miles, yellow, sunroof and 6 cd changer! Check it out https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Anyway, can somone point me in the right direction? I know that the body damage can be fixed at a PDR place, which will be about $3-5k, and then I have to get a new hood, passenger side tailight cover, and the black stuff that goes around the window on the passenger side. All of a sudden it's not looking too good, but we'll see.

Anyway, the PDR stuff will have to wait until this winter when I have more money, but for now I'd like to pick up the rest of the parts. I need that black trim that goes under the passenger window, a tailight for the passenger side, and a hood...on the hood, it would be nice if I could find a salvaged hood, but yellow seems to be a rare color. I'd like an OEM one and just paint it later, but I don't know. Any advice?

Back