Please help: Driver seat won't go full rearward anymore!

I'll confess. Mind you we've owned this thing for 5 years.

She had the seat adjusted to the highest position. Usually she keeps it about 1/2 up. Well I was forced get behind the wheel to move it, so I jacked it down as low as it would go. This moved it a lot more back than I thought it would. BUT... that's not all. Once it was lower, pulling the handle actually allowed to move it rearward even more! It seems having it to full height limited how much the slide position could move back. Never experienced that before. And now that it's okay, I'm not planning to try to replicate the situation again.

Huh. I don't think mine has height adjustments in it, so no problems on that front. :) Glad it was something easy!

Glad it was something easy!

Me too! I wish I could have gotten the 2 hours of my life back that I spent researching on the internet, taking covers off, and trying all sorts of ways to see if something was jammed in there, and maybe what it would take to remove the whole seat.

But it could have been a lot worse. The kids got a pen stuck in the rear seat track last year, and I had to remove it to get it out.

Latest posts

Back