Planning to track the car

woot woot

:
Mazda 2
Hey guys, just thought i would ask what i would need to track the car. It is essentially stock besides awr engine mount and eibach springs and camber bolts at 2 degrees and a corksport rear bar and 16 inch mazdaspeed wheels with re002 tyres. Will i need to put better gb oil in first as it is still factory fluid and should i get a oil cooler such as the mazdaspeed item? ALso what else should i need? I think the pads should be okay for the day but let me know. Cheers

That is a good place to start. In B-Spec you are not allowed to change much in the way of engine performance so you should be able to do ok. Upgraded dampers might be a good idea of the cars feels a little loose over the bumps.

-Derrick

Even if you are going to use the same pads I would recommend getting better fluid in the system to take the higher temperatures. If it is within budget I would get pads as well. If not just fluid should be fine.

Thanks for the info. I am not entering in a class as we have no real sanctioned classes unless entering in the professional series that tour Australia. The days usually consist of 20 min sessions and is only to get personal bests and have some fun.

I am planning for dampers also :) but is planned for next year. Probably some coil overs, from Fortune Auto or bilstein.

Quick question has anyone got pics of the mazdaspeed sway bar links for the front? NOt sure if i should bother with it but wanted to get opionions.

What pad combo should i go for? ideally for street use mostly and occasional trip to the hills and one day at track lol

Back