Pirelli Scorpion as plus 3 on CX-5 reviews?

If you're referring to the Pirelli A/S Plus 3 people are mentioning ... They are definitely not a 'snow' tire.

Much safer to check with tires that have a 3PMSF designation, for "severe winter" weather. (Even some of those might not be stellar, but I wouldn't want to rely upon a regular A/S tire over snow, ice or slush. That's a good way to go off the road, IMO.)

Pirelli's "Scorpion/Cinturato Weather Active" tires would work (their "all-weather" compound), as would the "Scorpion All Terrain Plus" tire.
i was referring to the scorpions people keep mentioning. from what i can tell, most of the people buying them are in the south.

i was referring to the scorpions people keep mentioning. from what i can tell, most of the people buying them are in the south.
I live in Atlantic Canada...definitely in the North, relative to the US. FYI, I bought my Pirelli Scorpion AS +3's at COSTCO.

I live in Atlantic Canada...definitely in the North, relative to the US. FYI, I bought my Pirelli Scorpion AS +3's at COSTCO.
Same for me (Atlantic Canada). Also purchased mine at Costco. They are going on for their 3rd summer in a few weeks and have been great thus far. Seem to wearing well, too. I am quite happy with them.

got those tires from ebay with discount tire seller got it for very good deal now,80 dollars regular discount + 170 dollars coupon from ebay total 250 dollars discount ends on march31st 24 & where can i get good installation and free tire rotations and balancing packages for less price?

got those tires from ebay with discount tire seller got it for very good deal now,80 dollars regular discount + 170 dollars coupon from ebay total 250 dollars discount ends on march31st 24 & where can i get good installation and free tire rotations and balancing packages for less price?

Call around to your local tire shops, get some quotes, then compare. Choose the shop that fits your needs.

It wouldn't be helpful for someone to recommend a shop that they've had good experiences with if you don't have the same shop or chain near you.

and...how do they work for you??
I only run my Pirelli's from spring to fall, and not in the snow, as I have separate winter tires. I will be on my 3rd season this summer and they have been terrific performers, better overall than my last all season Michelin Premier LTX tires. Quiet, grippy, good in the wet and no V or H. I'd buy them again.

Last edited:
they are definitely not summer tires
And even though they are referred to as "All Season" tires I would never run them in the snowy northern winters which I experience. That's why I run separate winter tires and my Pirelli's in the spring, summer and fall.

I wouldn't want a summer tire as they tend to have a shallower tread and fewer grooves which causes them to wear out faster than an all season tire, in addition to usually costing more and performing poorly in temps below 7C(45F) compared to an all season.

Back