Pictures of our new Katzskin leather seats

looks awesome....how did you get katzskin seats ordered....?was enquiring for my cx5 touring but never get response from katzskin...was gonna install myself...looks really awesome....

I had mine done through the dealership and cost me $1300 here in Canada (All Black). I'm definitely sure the dealership made a buck or two off that. But you could inquire through your dealership where they get them done and approach them directly maybe or call around your area.

Those look great just make sure to keep a good leather conditioner on it. I didn't condition the katskins in my protege and some of the leather on the driver seat started to wear prematurely.

The seats look great!!

I also really wanted heated leather but didn't see the need to get the GT w/tech, so I opted to have heated leather installed through the same vendor (in PA). Didn't pick the custom colors, figured that black & sand interior is enough - they matched the colors perfectly. So happy I did it - and also I had them put leather on all 4 door panels!

Heated seats buttons

I promised to take a pic of the buttons for heated seats, so here it is.. I took 2, one close-up and another a little further so show the placing. Hope this helps.

Buttons 1 compressed.jpg
Buttons 2 compressed.jpg

Edited to add: oops I think I posted to a wrong thread! Gotta go find the other one..

Last edited:
Looks really good. I really like Katzkin and I have installed full leather interiors in my 2005 Civic Coupe and 1999 Mazda Protege. The seats are top quality and really soft. Katszkin has a lot of different options you can get gathered leather, 2 tone, contrast stitching, full leather, and most of the time the kits come with extra material for the door inserts and an armrest cover when applicable...

looking good... how would you say it compares to factory leather?

thanks!

Looks really good. I really like Katzkin and I have installed full leather interiors in my 2005 Civic Coupe and 1999 Mazda Protege. The seats are top quality and really soft. Katszkin has a lot of different options you can get gathered leather, 2 tone, contrast stitching, full leather, and most of the time the kits come with extra material for the door inserts and an armrest cover when applicable...

Those look great just make sure to keep a good leather conditioner on it. I didn't condition the katskins in my protege and some of the leather on the driver seat started to wear prematurely.
Can someone recommend a good leather conditioner? My driver seat is getting a little worn out and blue, since I mostly wear jeans...

Thanks! I think I have bought it in the past, will need to get it again.

so how are the seats holding up otherwise? I checked out the Katzkin leathers yesterday... thinner than I thought. The dealer's installer leather actually felt a little thicker and robust... I'm leaning towards the dealer's installer right now... that company custom cuts and fits all the leather upholstery...

Your seats are awesome. I have ordered Katzkin leather and seat heaters for my Touring CX-5. I am going to try and install them myself. Instructions provided with the heaters do not indicate how to "power up" using an existing Mazda wiring harness. If possible could you check your seat wiring and determine if the heaters used existing OEM connectors or something else? I am asking for a big favor and any information would be appreciated.
Thanks

Just finished rear seats, is a Sports model so is easier, it took little over 2 hours, including taking the take off and install time not too bad.

I think cutting part is kind of scary because if cut wrong or slipped then there goes few hundred bucks!

man the basic padding is so thin, I'm so glad I'm doing this upgrade, I'll do the fronts next week, I ran out of hog rings :)

also the head rest for sport you need to keep the original on, it will not come off, just slide new ones over and clip, looks really nice, my neighbor was surprised how well it looked.

Update:
just finish the front seat, it took a long time, i took my time to remove all those plastic side covers without breaking the tabs, and the airbag had this clip you need to reuse for the new seat cover. and the other hard part is the last bottom wrap around clip. also work in a warm room helps soften the leather.

overall if you are handy is not that bad, it can be done in a day, like little over 6 hours, just don't rush it and make sure it is tight before crimping the hog rings.

BTW the sport basic seat covers are so thin, is like sitting on a T shirt, I'm glad I did this upgrade.

Last edited:
Back