Phen's 2004 Mazdaspeed MX-5 GT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. They want to push Mazdaroadster.net a lot but won't approve my ******* account. It's been like 3 weeks now.

People getting pissed off at the new owners of Club Roadster and splitting off.

Well, got an email from Jeremy at Flyin Miata. He couldn't find anything wrong with the Hydra. He's going to check one more thing, but doubts that it will make a difference. While the ECU is there, I think I will proceed with the upgrade to v2.7.

I think I'm going to go thru the fuel system once again. Try to find somewhere in the line that I can hook up a fuel pressure tester. I dunno... we'll see.

Hydra's been re-installed. Intake manifold has been put back together. Put the center console back together. I need to pick up one of the upper gaskets for the transmission so all of the exhaust fumes don't come back up into the cabin. Didn't start it yesterday as I forgot my damn keys. Today...

I'm about to order some stuff from Mazdaspeed today if you want me to put the gasket on that order for you I can. I'll have it by this weekend.

She's baaack...

I have a small vacuum issue that I need to sort out, and she'll be good to go. At idle, it's only pulling 10", where as it used to be 15-20". Off throttle, it's only 10" as well. This was normally closer to 25-30". This is resulting in my gas gauge moving after 15 miles of highway driving. Going to review the vacuum lines and hopefully figure what's causing on lunch. Otherwise, this could be an expensive drive to Mentor.

A can of starting fluid will help find the vacuum leak... But I think you knew that already.

Misfire is solved (so far). I've had a couple quick pulls, but since I'm running wastegate only with no boost controller, I'm limited to 7psi. Which is fine... safe level to diagnose issues. Biggest thing is re-learning to drive the car again. I forgot how much of a ***** that clutch is.

I really need to find a vacuum line diagram so that I can make sure I hooked everything up right when I put the intake manifold back together. It should be right because everything is a length that prevents you from hooking it up wrong... but you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back