Parting out Protege5 FSDE Engine

I swapped a JDM engine into my P5, and am gonna part out the old one. It ran great and had excellent compression on all cylinders, but it consumed a lot of oil. Didn't overheat or use any coolant. Because of the oil consumption, this engine should be considered as a rebuild-able core only. When I check the compression, it was 175ish across the board.

Prices are all shipped to lower 48:

Automatic FSDE flexplate, adapter, and plate. 45.00 shipped. Good shape.

Good Used Cylinder Head 80.00. Has some minor scoring on two cam journals, otherwise good condition. Engine ran great, didn't overheat or anything. At a minimum, needs cleaned, surfaced, and new valve seals put in before it can be ran.

4 good rods and pistons, make me an offer. Also have the stock FSDE block. Cylinders show minor wear, will require at least a hone (preferably a bore). Make me an offer above scrap value and come get it.

Excellent 2000-up forged crank. Standard journals, just needs a polish. No scoring. Very heavy, 100 bucks.

JDM FSZE Intake. Don't know much about it. Throttle shaft is bent from handling. Otherwise good shape. EGR Valve NOT included. 60 bucks.

FSDE thermostat housing, heater exchange block (with working ECT sensor) and steel coolant lines. Make reasonable offer.

I will continually update this thread as I go through what I have.

I've got a bunch of misc. brackets, bolts, and parts as well that would take days to photograph and list. If you need something, PM me and I will dig it out, and either post the photos here or send it in a PM.

Last edited:
okay thanks anyways. good luck with selling. might be trying to sell stuff off my de since i just swapped mine as well

See the green and white connectors that are just below the strut tower bar in the pic? On the intake manifold? I need the solenoid that one of them attaches to. It doesn't matter which one. Any chance you've got one? If so how much do you want for it?

EDIT: Nevermind. I got one somewhere else.

Last edited:
Back