Parking - How Close is Too Close?

:
2018 AWD GT Premium Red/Black
Apologies if this is too much of a tangent.

No harm no foul? Or, what the #@&! was he thinking?

Mazda parked first, and the trucks bumper wasn't close to the back of its space.

1657299491697.jpeg

That's waaaaay too close for my taste, especially if the Mazda is parked first.
I am confused though. Are the parking spots too big, or do people tend not to drive in all the way?

Definitely too close for my taste, especially since the truck is well inside the Mazda's parking space. Maybe the truck had to unload some cargo and didn't want it to impede traffic? Or maybe the truck's driver just sucks at parking, lol.

I'm guessing that is a long-assed pickup and he parked as far in as possible so as not to stick out too much.

But even so, I'd be pretty pissed if that was my car.
That's exactly not the case, as I tried to describe. The lines for his spot extended several feet behind his rear bumper. This is in a parking garage and the driving lanes have plenty of room.

That's waaaaay too close for my taste, especially if the Mazda is parked first.
I am confused though. Are the parking spots too big, or do people tend not to drive in all the way?
The parking spots are generous in length and adequate in width. I didn't pull further forward into my spot because I wanted to make sure that I wouldn't hit the pillar with my door when I opened it.

I would not be a happy camper if this was my car. The guy probably just pulled in until he was close to your car not paying attention to where the line was. But it would take a remarkably skilled driver to be able to stop an eighth of an inch from the car in front without giving it a love tap. Or have someone guiding him in but since you said that his tail wasn’t sticking out of his spot, there was no need for someone to have to do that. Did you check to make sure your bumper didn’t sustain any damage? If he did make contact, your license plate might be dented or the frame might have gouged the bumper.

I may rub someone here the wrong way - oh well; People with truck like that often drive and park with a "who the 'eff cares, 'eff you, I've got a big macho truck and if you don't like it - bite me"
Do you think I disagree? My point is that no particular geography has a monopoly on as*holes.

The only reason I asked is I have neighbors from Manhattan and Queens and they park like that out of habit.

The only reason I asked is I have neighbors from Manhattan and Queens and they park like that out of habit.
Well, to paraphrase the Texans, "big truck, no cattle" is everywhere with an attitude to go with it.

A big macho Explorer (I think?) with one of those weird bug deflector things on the hood. 🤣

I agree tho, way too close. Hopefully you let them know so.

Back