par gear synchro

J_Naoto

≃ 26 psi?
:
2002.5 Proteg LX, 2011 BMW 135i
i have someone putting my transmission together with par straight cut 3rd and 4th gear. he said that for 4th gear, i need a three piece brass synchro assembly and that the oem one didnt fit. anyone know anything about this?

it's supposed to go on top of this piece:
4987591740_d3b7458a85_b.jpg

and a pic of the other side:
4986990313_29ef33d16c_b.jpg

the number on the gear reads: LA555-4P096

any help is appreciated :)

Who's doing your trans J? I'm about to rebuild the msp trans i picked up from Ryan when i lived down there.

some place on warwick.

after looking at the oem gears, i think par sent me the wrong part. can anyone verify that? (mad)

can you tell if its 3rd or 4th by looking at it? i sent gerard an email to see what he can do for me

Grabbed this off the PAR sight

Ratios:

- 1st: 3.11
- 2nd: 1.83
- 3rd: 1.31, 1.24
- 4th: 0.96, 0.90
- 5th: Optional custom ratios available
- Final Drive: Optional 4.13, 4.43

Applications:
- All Mazda vehicles that use the G25M and G25MR transmissions including Protege, 323, Mazda 3, MX-3, 626, Mazda 6, MX-6 and others

Technical notes: - Factory Service Data Specifications, especially preload specifications, must be used when installing gearsets
- OEM hubs may need clearancing with suitable machine tools in order to retrofit double cone synchroniser assemblies
- Genuine Mazda 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear dual cone synchronizer baulk ring assembly (GC01-17-26ZB)
- When fitting needle roller gears to the OEM input and pinion shaft, journals must be ground to the following specifications.
1st gear pinion shaft - 37mm
2nd gear pinion shaft - 33mm (Shoulder adjacent to journal must be kept to retain the factory circlip/retainer)
3rd gear input shaft - 33mm
4th gear input shaft - 30mm
(Any helical oil grooves remaining may be left if still visible after grinding)

Dear J_Naoto

So you solve your problem? I have simmilar problem
With you except my mechanic successful installed
3rd (1.310) and 4th (0.96). Installed with original syncho and when
tested the car 3rd gear doing fine but when shifting to 4th gear the gear 'kraakk'
appear. It still can be shifted but it sound something not right inside.
Could this related to the thing that you said. The synchro thing?
Anyone experience this with 4th gear?
My gbox is ford laser 1.8cc DOHC. Any solution to this?
If not i will remove and install 4th OEM instead.
Please help.

Back