Paint??

Hood, bumper and mirrors with 3M. I thought it sounded okay, but decided to try installing myself.

Decent price. In my area (Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ) thats likely a $1000 job. Double check to see how much they would charge assuming you provide the product. If you're going to DIY get someone to help you. Good luck.

Yeah on metal areas white/silver paint hides chips well since the metal underneath is silver.

However on plastic areas (like front bumpers) darker color paint tends to hide chips easier imo since the plastic under the paint in these sections are usually black.

Side note: CX-5 is cleaned/prepped waiting for me in the garage at home. Will lay Collinite 845 wax on it to protect the paint over the weekend. You guys should check it out its some good stuff!!!

I just applied collinite 845 this past weekend. Looks great on silver!

I just applied collinite 845 this past weekend. Looks great on silver!

Good minds think alike (headbang). Also, Collinite 845 worked great on the bottom black trim sections too. The key is to apply then buff out within 30 seconds to avoid residue buildup.

To add to this thread (I commented elsewhere here too) -- I am experiencing a major paint flaw in my CX5. Both on the hood and the area just forward of the moonroof, about 3 circles the size of a quarter the paint slimpy came off! Completely lifted off cleanly, no sign of a foreign material/object. My car is garaged kept about 17hrs of the day, drive locally around town thats it! The dealer is offering to change the hood out and paint the top. Now my confidence is somewhat damaged in the durability of the paint considering I hang onto my cars for 5+ years (I dont lease). Any other owners out there having paint issues with their CX-5 less than 6 months old?

What color do you have mine is white.

To add to this thread (I commented elsewhere here too) -- I am experiencing a major paint flaw in my CX5. Both on the hood and the area just forward of the moonroof, about 3 circles the size of a quarter the paint slimpy came off! Completely lifted off cleanly, no sign of a foreign material/object. My car is garaged kept about 17hrs of the day, drive locally around town thats it! The dealer is offering to change the hood out and paint the top. Now my confidence is somewhat damaged in the durability of the paint considering I hang onto my cars for 5+ years (I dont lease). Any other owners out there having paint issues with their CX-5 less than 6 months old?

It's just got to be mega annoying getting a new hood and a new paint job on a car just a few months old. But it seems like these are rare instances. Let's see as the months pass how it holds up, especially after the rough winter months here in the Northeast.

Back