Pablo's 2004 MSM Build

Know what's scary? Emilio's responses can almost defend the crazy stretch bulls*** fad.

good tip on the pressure when hot, these were shipped with 35PSI on them... I usually keep mine on 32 when cold for the street

Sounds a little high to me. I've been hearing about people using these tires anywhere from 24-30 PSI cold.

Know what's scary? Emilio's responses can almost defend the crazy stretch bulls*** fad.

grumpy-cat-22.jpg

BTW, I found this from Andy Hollis on Miata.net:

With the 205 Rival, it is good on a 7 and really good on a 7.5. And slightly better on an 8 (better feel).

The 225 Rival is ok on a 7.5", good on an 8, and freakin' magic on a 9.

He knows a thing or two about tires. :)

Here's the comparison on the same dyno, which is a more accurate display of the gains from the tuned Hydra and the catback. Went from:

Smokey's: 180.5 to 188.1 whp, 158 to 169 torque
DynoJet: 194.1 to 202.3 whp, 169.9 to 181.7 torque

Was it worth $2.3k? hell yeah! The difference when you drive it is amazing...

With they hydra, you can take it to 7750 safely. Trust me, I did for a long long time.

Limiter is set to 7,495, took it close to that once. Problem is, stock turbo runs out of steam up top, it's can't hold 10 psi after 5.5k

Put the passenger seat in, harness will arrive today.

- tune (April 5) - done
- passenger seat and harness - will be done today
- 3.63 rear end
- clutch and flywheel (whenever the clutch wears out)

and a shot from Saturday when I took her to the dyno

Limiter is set to 7,495, took it close to that once. Problem is, stock turbo runs out of steam up top, it's can't hold 10 psi after 5.5k
I only mentioned it because the dyno sheet makes it looks like you're still building power when you hit the limiter. Might be worth upping the limiter to 7600 RPM if the engine can take it to see if power starts to taper off.

Found a good deal on a tire trailer, so I reinstalled the hitch and wiring. Did some work on it: replaced lights and wiring, replaced a piece of wood that helps stack the tires, removed the box it came with and installed the one I've had for a while. Also repositioned the box since its a bit smaller at the bottom and to allow room for the fuel jugs. Put the car in the garage to keep it away from the elements.

^^^ I was thinking the same thing. To stack up the wheels?

How many sets of wheels do you have for the MSM now? Get any living room space back after you sold the MSP? :)

Yes, I got my living room back. The tubes are support for the tires, the other two stack on top and are held by a rod. I can tie them down for extra safety, or I could have a tube welded in permanently to stack the tires. I only used 2 tires so I could take measurements for the fuel jugs.

Have 2 sets right now, but trying to sell one. Eventually I'd like to get the same wheels I have now (15s) with slicks, and keep driving the Rivals on the street.

Yes, I got my living room back. The tubes are support for the tires, the other two stack on top and are held by a rod. I can tie them down for extra safety, or I could have a tube welded in permanently to stack the tires. I only used 2 tires so I could take measurements for the fuel jugs.

Have 2 sets right now, but trying to sell one. Eventually I'd like to get the same wheels I have now (15s) with slicks, and keep driving the Rivals on the street.

Use up the Rivals then get slicks for the TRM wheels.

Ahh I see. How's the balance on the trailer loaded? You need some weight over the tongue.

Back