P5 Tire Stock Replacement?

mtnbiker26

Bike Geek
Hey guys, I know it's been discussed a million times but I just don't have the time to search through all the posts. I just discovered a bubble on one of the sidewalls on my stock Dunlops and the tires have 33K on them so I think I'm just going to replace all four. I want to make sure that I can bump up to 205's with no problems so that I'll have more tire choices and I'm looking for recommendations on what brand/model to get. I'll probably get something from Tire Rack and I'm looking for the best bang for the buck. Not cheapies, but not expensive either because I just ordered snow tires on steelies from them last week. Are there like a couple of "go to" tire selections that a lot of guys are running and having good luck with? Oh, and as a reference the stock tires wore a bit quick and weren't super great in the rain and they sucked in the snow (but now I have snow tires so I guess it's a non-issue) but otherwise I was happy with them. Any advice or links to other post is appreciated.

Last edited:
I too am running the YoKo AVS ES100's and love them....they will go on my wifes P5 as soon as she need a new set too.

Sir Nuke said:
I too am running the YoKo AVS ES100's and love them....they will go on my wifes P5 as soon as she need a new set too.
same here, traction doenst get any better (thumb)

god, guess i'll have to get a set of these when my second set of OEM's are worn.....i still have a little meat on my original OEM tires on my stock rims.

It looks like they aren't available in the stock size of 195/50 - 16 for my P5 but I can get them in 205/50 - 16. I'm aware of the obvious like the difference in speedo and odometer readings and slight change in gearing but are there any other cons that I need to be aware of?

I had 205/45/16s in the ES 100's and I loved em. I loved em too much. That's why I bought new ones after less than 10,000 miles :)

Do the ES 100's really give better grip than the Parada Spec II's?

mtnbiker26 said:
It looks like they aren't available in the stock size of 195/50 - 16 for my P5 but I can get them in 205/50 - 16. I'm aware of the obvious like the difference in speedo and odometer readings and slight change in gearing but are there any other cons that I need to be aware of?
No,......they are fine.....the speedo error is minimal....only 1 mph at 60.....

anarchistchiken said:
Do the ES 100's really give better grip than the Parada Spec II's?
I hear the grip is about the same....but the ES100's are a lot quieter than the specII's which were my first choice when I was getting new tires....but before I got them the ES100's came out and they were the way to go.

Back