P5 front bumper

Sharki

I'm not sure if this topic is cover a whole lot but i need some input.
I have a friend that works for a mazda dealer and she is going to get me the
P5 bumper (super cheap) for my 03 protege Sedan. and she told me that it will fit. has anyone here done this swap before? and are the fog light wiring kit the same with the P5 and sedan? (plug and play)

UGH... your lookin at a swap right here:)

Click on the "follow my progress" link in my sig.

OMG! Look whats stickied at the top of this forum! Click.

Here is D-Rock's thread about his conversion.

I have one too but its not a complete explaination.

Be sure to post pics:)

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this topic is cover a whole lot but i need some input.
I have a friend that works for a mazda dealer and she is going to get me the
P5 bumper (super cheap) for my 03 protege Sedan. and she told me that it will fit. has anyone here done this swap before? and are the fog light wiring kit the same with the P5 and sedan? (plug and play)

any chance on getting more than 1 bumper? I have been looking to do the same swap! thanks

What's wrong with the Front Air Dam for a sedan? Looks really hot, and so much easier and cheaper to do. I have it in my sig...

What's wrong with the Front Air Dam for a sedan? Looks really hot, and so much easier and cheaper to do. I have it in my sig...

Nothing wrong, I got my MSP bumper handed to me by my insurance for $35... painted. Whats wrong with that? lol

UGH... your lookin at a swap right here:)

Click on the "follow my progress" link in my sig.

OMG! Look whats stickied at the top of this forum! Click.

Here is D-Rock's thread about his conversion.

I have one too but its not a complete explaination.

Be sure to post pics:)

That's awesome, thanks for the quote Jeg :)

Best advice I can give is to check out the MP3/MSP conversion thread that jeg posted, I got an idea of what parts I needed there. The fact that you can do the swap using stock Mazda parts makes it pretty easy compared to other cars.

Last edited:
If your gonna do thhat type front end..Defiantely Get the MP3/MSP front bumper..Looks much cleaner without the side marker lightsthat the P5 has.

do any of you know if the centre grill (M logo is) needs to be replaced? or is the p5 and sedan the same centre grill?

what is the differance with the centre grills anyways? and do i need a p5 center grill to fill this bumper or could i get away with mine?

the grill with the mazda emblem in it, between the lamps, will not interchange with sedans and protege5s. slightly different angles and shape to either.

You can see the difference here, especially the bottom part:

081206%2020026sig.jpg

Looks like the MSP grill is a little smaller.i take it that the curves down the hood on the saden match the P5 bumper?

Old threat much lol.

To answer you, hood and fenders are the same. Headlights, size wise are the same, but the p5 have two bulbs, one for daylight and the other is a high beam. The sedan has one bulb for low/high.

Back