Ordered Mazda 2

aka 9003 / HB2
Not a big choice of options out there....Advance Auto has the Sylvania Silverstars for ~$34/pair. (and there are the ebayzia bulbs)

There is a version of the 2 in Japan that comes from the factory with HID projectors (also can be seen on 2Evil concept car).

customized-mazda2-concept-2009-la-auto-show-3.jpg

As far as I know, no one makes aftermarket projects for the 2 yet.

Damn, I've been looking around for aftermarket projectors myself actually. Hopefully we'll start seeing companies produce aftermarket products for the Mazda2 pretty soon. Well, anything Corksport hasn't already done that is, lol.

It comes with with projector lights but without xenon hid kit :D...

I installed some 9003 Sylvania Silverstar Ultra bulbs today ($50 @ PepBoyz)
FWIW: The manual says to turn the wheel the opposite direction of the bulb you're replacing and remove the plastic wheel liner fasteners, pry out liner and replace the bulb.
It's much easier to jack up the car and pull the wheel off before trying to remove the wheel well liner. Not night time yet to check out the "improvement".

just get a hid kit for your bulb size, if it has stock projectors itll work out fine

It comes with with projector lights but without xenon hid kit :D...

May be different in Croatia, but in America, the 2 comes with regular reflectors rather than projectors. I am not sure about Canada, but after a quick look on the Mazda Canada website, it appears that reflectors are the only option there as well, even on the Yozora edition. I doubt you would want to put HIDs in the stock reflector housing. You would most likely blind everyone you met. If you must have HIDs, then your best bet is probably going to be doing a retrofit from a TSX or S2000 or wait until someone offers aftermarket projectors. Otherwise, just get some better h4s like the sylvania's mentioned above.

Putting HIDs into a headlamp housing not specifically made to accomodate them is not only illegal, but also a very bad idea. Automotive lighting expert Daniel Stern explains the problems in detail on this web page:

"Thinking of converting to HID?"
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/conversions/conversions.html

In short:
Daniel Stern said:
The only safe and legitimate HID retrofit is one that replaces the entire headlamp -- that is lens, reflector, bulb... the whole system -- with optics designed for HID usage.

The Sylvania Ultra's were a big improvement over the standard halogens. Much wider beam and white not dingy yellow..i'm satisfied. (no they're not Xenon quality but they do the job) The standard factory adjustment seems really low, I need to figure out how to raise the beam a few mm, especially after the H&R springs get installed.

I HAVE HID's

Hey man I have Kensun 10000k's in my 2 for about a year now and about 2% of drivers flash you but it's always people that have no idea what is a Xenon light.
The lights must just be set to their lowest.
Don't take the wheels of, you can easily change bulbs through the bonnet.
Here's a pic!

Attachments

• IMG_0133.JPG
    IMG_0133.JPG
    191 KB · Views: 247
Back