OLM vs UOA

erhayes

Contributor
:
2022CX5 PP
Is anyone using the Mazda oil life moitor for their oil changes? Is there any UOA data for the OLM?

By OLM, I assume you mean the onboard system that predicts oil life based on a variety of driving data. (There is no sensor that directly measures oil condition.)

I think most opt to let the computer do its thing, but many prefer to opt for fixed intervals. I’m never seen anyone posting UOA’s specify whether they were using fixed intervals or the computer. I may not understand your 2nd question.

- Mark

Is anyone using the Mazda oil life moitor for their oil changes? Is there any UOA data for the OLM?
I agree with @markjenn that most people let the Flexible OCI calculation go, but change the oil at around 5,000 miles mostly suggested by Mazda dealers before the “Oil change due” notification displayed. I myself change the oil when 30% of the oil life remaining, which is about 5.200 ~ 6,000 miles in oil life used. But for the last oil change I waited the notification triggered by 12-month time duration as we drove less due to the pandemic. When I changed the oil in December with wrench indicator and “Oil change due” message displayed as the oil life remaining went down to 0%, the oil had been used for only 2,728 miles.

And gen-2 CX-5 displays miles instead of % to indicate oil lifer remaining. All Flexible OCI calculation have 7,500-mile or 12-month cap to display the “Oil change due” notification. And yes there is no sensor that directly measures the oil condition.

Browse through the uoa thread in the engine subforum and see if somebody is doing uoa and is on the flexible oci at the same time.

Back