Oil Filter for 2012 2.0 Skyactiv

campygoob

:
2012 Mazda 3 I Touring, 2005 BMW M3
Hi,

I'm looking for a cross reference list of compatable filters for my car. Auto Zone is having a special on 5 quarts of Mobil one and a filter up to a price for, I thnik, $29.99. Given that I'm going to have this car for a bit, I want to take a serious investment into this offer.

Fred

if you start here http://www.framcatalog.com/Application.aspx?b=F

you will find frams offerings, I would imagine all manf have this and I would also imagine Vatozone has a restriction on the type of filter but I don't know. I use Wix but I doubt that is included.

It is unbelievable what you can find on the net when you learn to use a search engine.

Z

Attachments

• Fram Oil Filter 2012 MZ3.JPG
    Fram Oil Filter 2012 MZ3.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 395
Z,

Thanks for the pointer but the information there is not for the Skyactiv Engine. I was hoping that someone here had looked into this and I would have an answer over the weekend. Here is what I found out today. Fram is not making a filter at this time nor is Wix. I called them both. Puralator is listing the same engines as Fram so I'm guessing they are not making one either. Roki Co Ltd. makes one as it appears that they are the supplier to Mazda as I found a Mazda dealer offer filters for the Skyactiv engine with a photo of the filter.

The parts dept at the Mazda stated that the filter is currently Mazda Specific.

Remember, When you point a finger at someone you have three pointing back at you.

Fred

Well fred, if you already knew the filter was mazda specific why did you ask a freaking question. Since this is the nice forum, I can not properly express my love, but thanks for the information as if I give a $#!t, I only have one finger only pointing at you.

Your welcome.

There wont be a cross reference for these filters until aftermarket company's come out with filters for the cars and will know if they already run the filter on another car. Or come out with the specs of the Oring and thread pitch of the filter is determined.

Back