Odd behavior from rearview camera and brakes

:
2017 CX-5 GT AWD w/ Premium Pkg
2 odd things happened today (2017 GT w/ Premium). Actually, I guess technically it was yesterday now :).

When I backed out of my garage and driveway in the morning, the rearview camera did not show on the infotainment screen. It just kept showing the Fuel Economy app, which is what I had showing when I turned it of the night before. I even shifted back to park and into reverse again. Tried it again when I got to work (about 10 miles), still no go. I think I even turned off the car and restarted it, but I can't remember for sure. When I went to lunch (and several errands in the evening), it worked fine.

When I was leaving work, I was approaching a stop sign. I was going about 35 MPH with MRCC engaged and no cars in front of me. I tapped the brakes to disengage the cruise control and start coasting, and the brakes stayed engaged after my foot came off the pedal. Probably about as much braking as if I had kept my foot at the "bottom" of my tap. The MRCC symbol went from green to white as usual when you hit the brakes. After a couple seconds, I tapped the brakes again (for a little longer probably), and the brakes disengaged and I coasted.

Neither of these things has happened before. Had the car about 2.5 months / 2000 miles. Will probably call the dealer tomorrow to see if they are aware of any similar occurences.

I think the camera issue could be tied into MZD connect. People have been having various issues with MZD connect since it's inception

As for MRCC/brakes, maybe a one off glitch (scratch)

You are doing the right thing in contacting the dealer. They could perform a scan to see if its all good.

Back