OBD 11 code reader recommendations?

speedbird1

2019 CX-5 2.2D, GT Sport, Nav + AWD
Just got my first dash warning this morning before I go to the dealer, what experience and recommendations for Fault code readers do we have if any? so I can check myself before going that route.
Thank you
Mike

I use a V Linker bluetooth OBDii transmitter and Forscan app on my phone/tablet. Works well for code reading, resetting faults and much more.

Just got my first dash warning this morning before I go to the dealer, what experience and recommendations for Fault code readers do we have if any? so I can check myself before going that route.
Thank you
Mike

Did you check the Maintenance section of the infotainment screen to see if it tells you anything?

There are tons of them to choose from. I have a plug based one that doesn't require an additional device, but there are wireless ones that connect to a smartphone as well. https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) If you don't have one, an auto parts store will read the code for free.
@Chocolate I got one from Amazon after doing some more research and finding out that if using iOS the OBD11 reader requires a V4.0 Bluetooth (LE) connection.
It arrived this morning and took literally minutes to sort the issue. It mentioned something about fuel temperature sensor?

@Conrad 16.5 no i did not think to do that. I will check it out now i have been made aware of it in future, thank you.

Thanks all.

Back