Not receiving text messages ?

I have a Samsung S3 and it takes a good 1+ minute to download the text from my phone. The odd time the message will fail to download at all. To add to the frustration the car will not download my entire contact list from my phone.

I get constant failures on my Nexus 5 with 4.4.2 OS. My Nexus 4 worked a few months ago but stopped after the 4.4 upgrade. Somehow the updated software broke the download function which sucks.

Check if there are any new Message Access Protocol (MAP) settings in the updated OS. Otherwise remove device from the bluetooth list and remove the car from the device and pair them up again. I hope to have an S4 this week to test with.

I get constant failures on my Nexus 5 with 4.4.2 OS. My Nexus 4 worked a few months ago but stopped after the 4.4 upgrade. Somehow the updated software broke the download function which sucks.

I wish now there was a way to completely disable downloading messages to the car and just not get that annoying pop up across my backup camera, across basically anything in my view. As an indicator, I get roughly 100 messages per 4 hours. I know it is insane but such is life. I can turn off the pop up by do no disturb me, however the phone doesn't pick up either. Useless device and so I hope Mazda will allow me to have a way to let me upgrade / pay up as the unit sitting in my car is over 1000 bucks with the GPS attachment.
If that was the case with me I'll try to find a way to disable getting messages on my mobile phone let alone download them to my car. (bang)(bang)(bang)

I wish that was possible.... It isn't but low and behold.... I got a call from Mazda Canada today!! A case is opened and they already called back for more information. So far it is just exchanging information since the poor customer support people cannot fix this and only can relay the messages I will be very patient this time and write everything down. I do now have a direct phone number to dial into and an extension. It is a start....

So Mazda Canada called me back today and have solved the problem. Amazing how they have in three days found a solution for these nasty messages. On the BB Z10 in the setup --> network --> bluetooth I had to uncheck all the accounts that were connected to be shared on the bluetooth network. Ta-Da drive home no more pop-ups and my peeps can still talk with me on my drive home.

Samsung galaxy s4 works fine.

I have the Samsung S4 and the phonebook if working fine but the text messages aren't downloading. It says downloading then says it failed try again. When I had the S2 lte the phonebook wasn't downloading but the text messages were. Very frustrating. Does anybody have a solution for this??

I can sometimes get it to work again if I fool with it enough, but, it only ever seems to work for a few days, then stops working again.

I really wish they'd come out with a firmware update, or replace our units with one that actually will work dependably!!!

I kept having the same issue with my 2015 CX-5 GT, and after reading the instructions, it turns out it only holds 15 messages at a time, if it downloads more than 15, it will give you that message of an error, so I usually delete the messages it has downloaded from the past plus the text on my phone, then it will start working again. I also have a Droid Maxx. I hope this is helpful to someone still having that issue.

Back