No Spare wheel

My Canadian manual has same spare tire specs as listed by CX-SV, specs in Europe might be different. A full size tire on a wheel will not fit under the tire cover panel.

Last edited:
Can the temporary spare be used for towing?

When i checked out the wheel well it measured around 6" deep, so a full size spare would require the floor raising some inches, this is what Kuga owners in the UK have done who tow caravans.

The spare doesn't have to be on the same wheel size, so a 17" wheel will do, on the correct profile, for example.

Use this calculator to work it out.

http://www.etyres.co.uk/tyre-size-calculator.htm

Note the advise on the % tolarance.

The awd doesn't appear to be very heat efficient at all, I get about 200-300 metres on soft beach acces sand (second gear less than 3k rpm) and the awd overheats and goes into fwd mode. Once on the beach driving just above watermark keeps it cool enough to not fail, but now less than 10 metres of soft sand will push it to a point of too hot and drops to fwd.

^^^ Ok so the logical question would be...
" What does what you are saying, contribute to the theme or title of the thread?"

and

" Do you not think that this question should have been asked in a new thread called, My AWD overheats quickly in the sand!"

The awd doesn't appear to be very heat efficient at all, I get about 200-300 metres on soft beach acces sand (second gear less than 3k rpm) and the awd overheats and goes into fwd mode. Once on the beach driving just above watermark keeps it cool enough to not fail, but now less than 10 metres of soft sand will push it to a point of too hot and drops to fwd.

The Xtrail has the same issue.

These cars are not designed for off road use of any duration, expectations have to be realistic, they are basically on road cars with 4wd capability on demand.

Maybe you need to be looking at buying a proper 4x4, land rover etc.

Back