No acceleration in EV mode (CX-60)

In EV mode. Just a few miles left on battery range. Put foot to the floor at 40mph and the acceleration was almost non existent. 40-60mph took about 30 seconds. Why?

I would imagine it was preserving whats last of the battery, as a flat foot attempt would drain it immediately if you only had a mile or so left.

But, mine shows a mile left, yet there is still 1/4 battery left, this is when it goes into Hybrid mode.

I'd be more wondering why it didn't switch over to Normal mode and fire the engine?

Seeing similar here.

However only in EV Mi Drive and if you put your foot down it does cancel the mode and start the ICE

But, mine shows a mile left, yet there is still 1/4 battery left, this is when it goes into Hybrid mode.

This is where I think Mazda has got it wrong.

The trigger to cancel EV mode is miles remaining. This is a very spurious calculation.

I’d like to get home with as much battery used as possible. I’d want EV to continue to about 5%, which it did when I first got the car.

The problem is that I live in the hills, so there’s lots of up and down, and I live high in the hills. Therefore the miles remaining quite often varies for the same %, depending on if I’ve just gone up a long hill or down one.

I’m in for a towbar fitting on Wednesday so will discuss with the service manager.

This is where I think Mazda has got it wrong.

The trigger to cancel EV mode is miles remaining. This is a very spurious calculation.

I’d like to get home with as much battery used as possible. I’d want EV to continue to about 5%, which it did when I first got the car.

The problem is that I live in the hills, so there’s lots of up and down, and I live high in the hills. Therefore the miles remaining quite often varies for the same %, depending on if I’ve just gone up a long hill or down one.

I’m in for a towbar fitting on Wednesday so will discuss with the service manager.

I would actually like a mode to allow full hybrid mode when the battery is full, this would certainly improve MPG, as right now, MPG is diabolical once the battery is empty..which takes 20 miles or so, if it had an option to run full hybrid from 100% battery, rather than hybrid from 25% battery, I'd be more than happy with the car.

Right now, my MPG is 20-22 town driving and 30-32 on a run. Its terrible. Its basically doubled my monthly fuel bill over my previous Audi diesel...and thats NOT factoring in the price per kwh being around 35-40p at home and up to 70p pkwh on a pay charger.

I would actually like a mode to allow full hybrid mode when the battery is full, this would certainly improve MPG, as right now, MPG is diabolical once the battery is empty..which takes 20 miles or so, if it had an option to run full hybrid from 100% battery, rather than hybrid from 25% battery, I'd be more than happy with the car.

Right now, my MPG is 20-22 town driving and 30-32 on a run. Its terrible. Its basically doubled my monthly fuel bill over my previous Audi diesel...and thats NOT factoring in the price per kwh being around 35-40p at home and up to 70p pkwh on a pay charger.

I've got the opposite results, but it's all down to typical journeys run I guess.

About 85% of my miles are EV only.

Dad's Taxi duties are fully EV.

To and from work (once maybe twice per week) 100% EV to work, 30-40% of the return journey EV

The occasionally longer journey >75miles and return (Although I will find somewhere to charge at the destination if it's feasible).

I agree, you should be able to specify when to run in Hybrid mode, to accommodate for differing typical driving and distance requirements. We should be able to set a %battery level when to switch to full Hybrid or have a MiDrive option for 'Hybrid' as well as the others there.

Compared to my previous Shogun which was costing me north of £150 per week on diesel my CX-60 has done the best part of 2,000 miles in the last 9 weeks, I've put in £138 of petrol and currently have 7/8 of a tank left and my electricity costs have gone up by approximately £100 per month. However, I managed to fix my price at 28p per kWh last February, 4 days before Putin invaded - I might be getting a shock when that deal ends mid Feb this year.

In EV mode. Just a few miles left on battery range. Put foot to the floor at 40mph and the acceleration was almost non existent. 40-60mph took about 30 seconds. Why?
There is a setting in EV settings that prioritises EV mode using as much battery as possible. Regarding the acceleration even with this setting the engine will fire up if the power is requested. If it doesn't something must be wrong either with the gas engine or with the electronics.

Simply charge car for ex. 80%, then when you drive from home, hit the charge-buttom and in pop up screen set it for 80%, then you drive hybrid, - goes with any % settings.

Right now, my MPG is 20-22 town driving and 30-32 on a run. Its terrible. Its basically doubled my monthly fuel bill over my previous Audi diesel...
I would say that these are very good numbers for a big, 2-ton SUV. I have similar "on a run" results with Mazda 6 GJ 2.5l gasoline engine (the same one as in CX-60 PHEV) - a much lighter car with a much smaller frontal area...

Back