New UK CX-60 3.3L D with some quirks

Hi everyone I’m new here - I’ve had my CX-60 3.3L Diesel Homura for about a week - car seems OK so far but it definitely has some quirks…

1: I get the battery isn't charged thing all the time
2: I get engine is cleaning - car sits at hi revs for a while - car has only got 79 miles on it so don't know why engine is dirty
3: doors open and close very tinny and hollow
4: can't open car from app - very strange
5: no global opening or closing of windows
6: human centric very rarely works
7: suspension very very hard for an suv

All that said I like the car - interior and seats are great the tech seems to mostly work and the car exterior looks nice.

Incidentally I see some people talking about dash cams - I just had my old nextbase 522gw front and rear cam fitted today- engineer didn't seem worried about fitting it

Also has anyone installed a remote start in the car I'm looking to get one fitted this month and a recommendation would be nice.

Oh and I'm in the UK (north west).

Hi, it sounds like your car is from end 2022 production, from 2023 they improved some things like the door closing sound (the doors are factory deadened with absorbing mats inside) and the suspension, which is now softer. Based on my experience (although mine is PHEV) and some colleagues at my country's FB owners' group:

1. Known issue, report to your dealer to fix.
2. I guess you mean DPF cleaning - known behaviour, my colleagues with CX-60 diesels advise the message may go away if you put the car in gear, just drive around, try to make longer routes at a constant speed and with time it will stop showing up.
3. Addressed in 2023, while for 2022 models all Mazda dealers across Europe were retrofitting those sound-deadening mats for free. Ask your dealer to do the same.
4. Can't help - I don't have the app :)
5. Known complaint :) Maybe Mazda will introduce via software upgrade.
6. You mean the car doesn't recognize you? Re-train it, following the instructions (you need to turn your face slowly a bit left and right, etc.)
7. Same as with point 3. - this has been improved in new models, for older ones dealers are changing the suspension for free, but you have to specifically request that, it's not a service action.

Good luck!

Hi everyone I’m new here - I’ve had my CX-60 3.3L Diesel Homura for about a week - car seems OK so far but it definitely has some quirks…

1: I get the battery isn't charged thing all the time
2: I get engine is cleaning - car sits at hi revs for a while - car has only got 79 miles on it so don't know why engine is dirty
3: doors open and close very tinny and hollow
4: can't open car from app - very strange
5: no global opening or closing of windows
6: human centric very rarely works
7: suspension very very hard for an suv

All that said I like the car - interior and seats are great the tech seems to mostly work and the car exterior looks nice.

Incidentally I see some people talking about dash cams - I just had my old nextbase 522gw front and rear cam fitted today- engineer didn't seem worried about fitting it

Also has anyone installed a remote start in the car I'm looking to get one fitted this month and a recommendation would be nice.

Oh and I'm in the UK (north west).

1. Nope its a fault on all diesel cars and the recall to fix it doesn't always work, they dont know how to fix it as yet
2. Not DPF related - Idle Cleaning Mode, absolutely PITA and technically you shouldn't turn it off when its performing it - your neighbours will hate you - Ill attach a document about it
3. Soundproofing TSB - Dealer will organise free of charge
4. Not something Ive noticed, seems pointless
5. Nope, not on the CX60
6. Havent had an issue with the camera myself
7. Yep - there is no alternative option for the diesel, the PHEV got a courtesy swap to to the diesel suspension (you think the diesel is hard, you should have tried the first PHEV suspension!). You may have noticed all the reviews slating the suspension - it is how it is, poor.

New car / old car is a myth, it's all the same

Lack of a remote start is a massive oversight on Mazdas behalf

Attachments

• MC-10163331-0001.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 113
Bonjour de France,
Je possède le CX60 254cv depuis fin mars.
Le bruit des portières est doux
Ils ont mis de l'isolant à l'arrière à côté du caisson Bose ( et j'en est rajouté )
Moi aussi j'ai de temps en temps " nettoyage moteur " mais ce n'est pas tout les jours non plus.
Il a 3000 km
L'électronique fonctionne bien pour l'instant

Hello from France,
I have owned the CX60 254hp since the end of March.
The sound of the doors is soft
They put insulation on the back next to the Bose box (and I added some)
I also have an engine wash from time to time, but it's not every day either.
It has 3000 km
Electronics are working fine so far.

Back