New turbo ideas?

tweetyspeed

:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege
just currently having a turbo on its way out. before anyone posts i am fully build, balanced bottom end, and have an f/ic for fuel and timing control. who is running which turbo and how do you like it. i am shooting for 375-400 whp. tried out the holset hx35 but didnt like that every time it started boosting it was to light switchish. want something a bit smoother on the power coming on. currently 320 whp at 16.5 psi. wanting a turbo capable of 22-28 psi. any knowledgable and imformative help would be greatly apreciated.

Are you trying to keep the stock or other t25 mani. I went with a gt3071 dual bb internally gated and t25 flange which puts me around 350whp+/- at 19psi. If I could do it again I would probably do a t3/4 flange with an external gate for a bit more flow capability. I just didn't have time to wait for a mani to come available.

currently runing a custom ss tube mani w/t3 flange. also has a external wg spot that i have blocked off at the moment. what is about the max flow of the 3071r in psi?

Back