New Toys for my New Toy

:
2015 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring (with all the bells and whistles!)
I purchased a 2015 GT at the end of January, has basically everything you could want but the I-ActivSense, which I didn't really need living in the desert. I was very excited to have the tech package already on it. Coming from a 10 year old Scion tC, (of which I was original owner and able to modify inside, outside and under the hood to make her my own), this vehicle has been a dream!

In grand tradition of being a former tuner girl, I can't NOT add something to a stock GT edition (she's only a few months old, so she's fresh for new details!)

So got a few things to make it my own.

1. All Weather Floor Mats, Mazda (front & back) - Living in the desert, you need these. No questions asked between sandstorms, camping, hiking and the occasional monsoon.

2. All Weather Cargo Mat, Mazda - See #1. :) Oh, and to protect the carpet from the 70 pound dog that likes to sit back there too.

3. Aluminum Sport Pedals. Off Ebay, not the OEM one's, but still look good. These have rubber stripes instead of rubber dots and say CX 5 on them.

4. Rear Bumper Exhaust Tip Molding....a little chrome on the back never hurt anyone. Everyone likes a rear end that looks good.

5. Stainless Door Sills. Again, another Ebay purchase from China but they look really nice from what I have seen, and are a bit less expensive than the OEM ones.

Eventually she's getting new rims in her 19's and probably a couple of more interior mods. Still deciding if I want to bother under the hood. I love doing that, but it's just so pretty under there I don't know that I want to touch it!

For now she's good. Will post photos of the installs when it all comes in!

What have you done to yours to make her special just for you?

I murdered out mine. The color is black.
I plasti dipped Rims, Roof Racks, Emblems, and frontal chrome trim in black.
OEM Cross bars
LED interior lighting
Thule Cargo Box for camping trips
Blue LED lit door sills (passengers LOVE these)
black Snuggleplush seat covers from Cover King. very soft to touch material.
center console leather armrest from Ebay. Buddy of mine custom upholstered it with the same material as the seat covers.

wishlist: weather mats, mudflaps, tinted front windows, hood protector, trailer hitch & bike rack

I purchased a 2015 GT at the end of January, has basically everything you could want but the I-ActivSense, which I didn't really need living in the desert. I was very excited to have the tech package already on it. Coming from a 10 year old Scion tC, (of which I was original owner and able to modify inside, outside and under the hood to make her my own), this vehicle has been a dream!

In grand tradition of being a former tuner girl, I can't NOT add something to a stock GT edition (she's only a few months old, so she's fresh for new details!)

So got a few things to make it my own.

1. All Weather Floor Mats, Mazda (front & back) - Living in the desert, you need these. No questions asked between sandstorms, camping, hiking and the occasional monsoon.

2. All Weather Cargo Mat, Mazda - See #1. :) Oh, and to protect the carpet from the 70 pound dog that likes to sit back there too.

3. Aluminum Sport Pedals. Off Ebay, not the OEM one's, but still look good. These have rubber stripes instead of rubber dots and say CX 5 on them.

4. Rear Bumper Exhaust Tip Molding....a little chrome on the back never hurt anyone. Everyone likes a rear end that looks good.

5. Stainless Door Sills. Again, another Ebay purchase from China but they look really nice from what I have seen, and are a bit less expensive than the OEM ones.

Eventually she's getting new rims in her 19's and probably a couple of more interior mods. Still deciding if I want to bother under the hood. I love doing that, but it's just so pretty under there I don't know that I want to touch it!

For now she's good. Will post photos of the installs when it all comes in!

What have you done to yours to make her special just for you?

Any pics of your new mods yet. I sold my 2015 GT that I got in June 2014, wished I had the sport mode on mine it would have helped me a lot. Any links to the chrome add-ons?

Latest posts

Back