New to the forum, not new to Mazdas

4giglz

Registered Loiterer
:
2002 Protege ES
Hi all, thought I'd try out the forum. I have a 2002 Protege ES (Sunlight Silver) with the Mazdaspeed spring and strut assemblies and the front anti-sway bar. The rear bar is from AWR, the 21.5 mm adjustible one. I added the P5 strut tower brace, an MP3 short shifter with Mazdaspeed knob, and an Injen CAI. I went with Enki 17x7's (15.2lbs) and Dunlop DZ101 tires @ 205/45-17. It has Powerslot front rotors and Hawk street pads all around. Outside of what's listed and some pretty nice toons, it is otherwise as Mazda built it.

I do have a question about the brakes though. I though I saw someone mention upgrading to 626 calipers and rotors. How well does that work? Do the brake lines need to be changed? How about the master cylinder? Is it as good of an upgrade as the Mazdaspeed brakes, or as expensive? Sorry about all the questions right off the bat, but I see some new brakes in the near future and like to get the facts straight before letting go of the funds.

Thanks for the help in advance.
Eric

welcome, as for the master cylinder, you can upgrade to the 929 master cylinder. do a search and you'll come up with some nice info on it, and also the 626 calipers rotors. or upgrade te brakes with the ones at protegegarage.com

Back