new to site but not new to mazda

this is my first post a friend of mine told me about this site. well my question is i have a 02 mazda protege'5 and i just bought a engine from a wrecked mazdaspeed protege and i have been scratching my head for a few days i cant seem to find a ECU that will work with the turbo for a automatic is it possible that this wont work??

this is my first post a friend of mine told me about this site. well my question is i have a 02 mazda protege'5 and i just bought a engine from a wrecked mazdaspeed protege and i have been scratching my head for a few days i cant seem to find a ECU that will work with the turbo for a automatic is it possible that this wont work??

Correct.

well that blows theres no way to get a ecu flashed or chipped? well if not either sell the motor it has 42,xxx or just buy a cheap protege es or something i think its pretty dumb that theres no ecu for automatics =(

i think there is a guy in this site that flashes ecu's for like 150. idk if its for automatics though.

yea he cant flash an ECU to a spec that doesnt exist lol

But go with what bronco said, a FMU and an O2 clamp is what most turbo auto guys use and it seems to work well for them

You can contact fish don't bounce (member here), he just finished a turbo automatic protege build, and find out what he did.

no the motor in my protege 5 is ok has about 120k on it. the motor i bought is good with low miles i have everything to just swap but i could take the turbo from the engine i bought but then i need to swap the oil pan and stuff to make it work i was just going to pull my motor and swap them but im just having a hard time making the swap cause i have a Automatic Trans in my p5. if the guy still has the wrecked msp i could just get his trans and all the stuff to make my car a 5spd and i also hear that the auto trans may not hold up with a turbo so im pretty lost lol

Back