New to MZ2, definitely not to Mazda

daustin

So... it appears that I am doing what I thought was a bad idea for a long time.

I gave my MZ3 to my wife last week.

I have owned a 2006 MZ3 since 2008 and it has been an amazing vehicle to me. It's at 130,000 miles now and still kicking like the day it was new. That 2.0 5-speed is a quite nice for a little econobox.

A year ago I finally stepped up and purchased a 2012 Mazdaspeed3, which is my modding car of choice. My build and tune is coming along well and it ran the dyno this past weekend at 308whp/341wtq on 93 pump gas.

As of last week though, I am now a proud owner of a 2012 Mazda2 in True Red with the manual transmission. I opted for the full touring package which came in at a pretty nice $14,700 before T/T/T ($15,800 OTD) so I think I did fairly well with that. The car has been a blast to drive. It's nimble, lightweight, and isn't a complete underdog with a surprising 1.5L engine. It is my new DD for work and I usually put about 25,000-30,000 miles a year on a car. So far, all I can report is that the car is quite fun.

TL;DR

MZ2 owner checking in.

Thanks guys. At least here the 2 platform isn't all but dead. I've been surfing around since last week and it seems like all other forums for the 2 platform are just completely and utterly dead. Like worse than M3F dead.

Welcome -- this car is quite the underrated performer and this forum is all about getting the most from it!

Haha no s***? Hershey blows much contrary to popular belief. Not like this is really an area very good for much of anything, but Hershey just flatout sucks.

I've been getting weird compliments around here about the MZ2. No one around here has really ever seen one which I find so unusual. I barely ever see them on the road, but find it hard to believe they just aren't even known here.

yeah i know, i actually lived in Hummesltown, and i have NEVER seen one anywhere around there. ever. i live in chicago now and i still have only ever seen maybe 5 on the road in the passed 2 months

yup especially right by the giant on 39, its just housing complexes.... boring. lol

1459-oh-god-meme.png

Back