New to me 2020 CX-5 Transmission issues

Just bought this car a week ago and noticed some jerkiness and hesitation like many others. I did a reset and that seems to have fixed the worst of the issues.

However, I'm still left with the issue of rpms randomly going up briefly every now and then when on the highway.

The video is with cruise control on and on flat surface. It'll do this at random times.

Any suggestions on what this could be before I get an appointment at the dealer in a couple weeks (I've got a slammed schedule).

That is pretty common behavior. It's the torque converter clutch either unlocking or allowing some slip and is dependent on load. It allows a little more torque multiplication without a downshift.

That is pretty common behavior. It's the torque converter clutch either unlocking or allowing some slip and is dependent on load. It allows a little more torque multiplication without a downshift.
Interesting, thank you. So it's not a known fault or mechanical issue?

Interesting, thank you. So it's not a known fault or mechanical issue?
No, nothing to be concerned about. Every Skyactiv I've been involved in does it. Just how they're programmed, some of the heavier vehicles will unlock the converter sooner than the lighter ones.

Back