New to Mazda, new owner of CX-5 Signature. Where is...

I have a magnetic mount that uses a snap in piece (1st pic) that fits over the hazard warning button in my 2021 CX5 Sig. We have the same mount in my wife’s 2020 CX5 GT. You can get this mount with the adjustable magnet as shown in pic 2, or you can get one with adjustible arms that uses the same mount. With over a years use in my wife’s CX5, we are both very pleased with its performance.

Attachments

• D288F7F1-7C12-496E-8867-29C28F55C22A.jpeg
    D288F7F1-7C12-496E-8867-29C28F55C22A.jpeg
    250.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 2D1BC469-BC05-46B8-A906-3D22A05D2CEC.jpeg
    2D1BC469-BC05-46B8-A906-3D22A05D2CEC.jpeg
    187.2 KB · Views: 135
Interesting place to put the phone. I don't think i would want to block access to my hazard warning flasher switch. Sometimes you need to activate those under stress.

Interesting place to put the phone. I don't think i would want to block access to my hazard warning flasher switch. Sometimes you need to activate those under stress.
I use the same dash mount, but with the adjustable arms. It's not that bad, the phone is held far enough away that it is very easy to reach behind the phone to activate the hazard flasher.

The hazard warning switch is accessible without removing your phone or the mount.
I use the same dash mount, but with the adjustable arms. It's not that bad, the phone is held far enough away that it is very easy to reach behind the phone to activate the hazard flasher.
Just Curious.. does your holder with arms work well? How difficult is it to attach and detach your phone? The magnetic holder makes it very easy to attach and detach our phones. I looked at both models and finally chose the magnetic one without any real reason.

The hazard warning switch is accessible without removing your phone or the mount.

Just Curious.. does your holder with arms work well? How difficult is it to attach and detach your phone? The magnetic holder makes it very easy to attach and detach our phones. I looked at both models and finally chose the magnetic one without any real reason.
I have the exact phone holder with the magnet. It is brilliant. It is far enough away from the vent and hazard switch that it doesn't block them.
Also, the magnet is so strong that I have my phone displace upward, only on half the magnet.

I have an old iPhone 7 Plus with a fairly thick case. The grips on the arms can be bent to fit the thicker case, but I haven't had to do that. It's a little fiddly to remove the phone, but not a big deal.

What may not be clear is that the arms adjust. When you lift the phone, the arms spread to release. When you set the phone and put weight on the lower support, the arms contract to grip the phone.

I didn't want to use the magnet because I will be upgrading my phone soon and I wasn't sure if a magnet would interfere with wireless charging. The back of the cases I prefer is also not flat, so I'm not sure how well a magnet would stick.

Back