new to forums/cars..

sephiroth

:
2018 Tesla Model 3 AWD LR
lurked arround mazda3club.com for a little bit before comming here (acutaly.. funny story is I found mazda3club by going here but forgot about registering here until just now, and my user name is lozz if anyone is from there )

have a 2000 protege ES I got on july 4th (graduation present)only had 56K on it
when I got the car you could say my 86 year old grandmother probaly knew just as much about cars than I did .. I even had to go-online when I first changed the spark plugs (embarrasing)..

but in the month(s) since then Ive:

added an Injen CAI
changed my oil-twice
changed my brake pads
painted my calipers red
installed stock fog lights
changed plugs/ ignition wires
upgraded my exhaust
drawn out a plan for my car (one word: sleeper)
learned what a "turbo/supercharger" acutaly is..
learned a basic conecept about how almost everything in a car works (from thinking that just because my spedo went to 140, that my car must go at least 140mph..)
added a MP3 strut bar(that was fun..)
added clear parking lights.
(yeah.. might be just a little addicted..)
but most importantly:
that adding stickers and a big ass wing do not add 80HP to you car. lol

yeah.. basicaly everything I mentioned can be considered "bolt on"

but I think it's pretty good for only 2.5months experience. I've gotta say too.. that this and the mazda3club's VB search function is like.. goddly comapred to every other VB based forum I've visited.. only reason I haven't posted 30 threads already is because I find my answer the first time I search :D

one thing that's becomming more of a problem though is working on my car with only a jack and ramps.. lol only 2.5months and I'm already wanting a garage with a lift.. wonder where I'll be in 6 months >_>

if anyone lives arround where I do (suffolk,south hampton roads area) and knows a mazda group leme know!!... all I've been able to find are a buncha hatchback honda ricer people and a cr*p load of stang clubs..which is the last thing I want >_>

Last edited:
hey bro. Welcome to the forums. We're glad to have ya on board. Im sure you'll find this place informative and entertaining just as the rest of us do (thumb)

oh and yea, terminator wings and NOS stickers definetly add mad downforce (rofl) j/k

ha! having problems finding tuners huh? welcome to my world. Welcome tot he forums though. dont worry i started out the same wya you fdid. so it's all good..lo

if you're gonna be a sleeper you need to make sure your car isnt flashy, and have a heavily tuned turbo setup with forged internals. That stuff's too rich for my blood.

Edit...

i forgot to welcome you, so welcome =)

Welcome and sources?

Welcome Sephiroth... I'm new too!

I'm about where you were 2.5 months ago... gaining interest and gonna soon pick up a protege but know jack about cars...

Just wondering what resources you used to learn the basics about cars... i don't know how to change oil, what various engine parts do, and basically everything...

so if you (or anyone) know any good sites (pref free, I don't wanna go buy some books if I can get the same stuff on the net) then that'd be great...

Thanks a lot - look forward to your replies.

welcome, welcome to our little addiction!! anything u can think can be answered here. enjoy

rob

Platinum786 said:
Welcome Sephiroth... I'm new too!

I'm about where you were 2.5 months ago... gaining interest and gonna soon pick up a protege but know jack about cars...

Just wondering what resources you used to learn the basics about cars... i don't know how to change oil, what various engine parts do, and basically everything...

so if you (or anyone) know any good sites (pref free, I don't wanna go buy some books if I can get the same stuff on the net) then that'd be great...

Thanks a lot - look forward to your replies.

Welcome!
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/ is a pretty good site

Welcome aboard. I'm pretty new here myself. I've been reading up on cars for a few years now but my Protege is the first one I've ever modded in the least. You've already modded yours more and are learning way faster then I did. :)

Enjoy the car scene. I know I've met lots of great people because of it.

Welcome! Sounds like your headed in the right direction (2thumbs)

Suffolk County? As in NY? There's a pretty decent contingent from the city/long island/"upstate" just outside the city. Also check the regional forums at the bottom, they may be a little slow but all it takes is some posting to get things moving along!

Do you have pictures id like to see what you have done.

I have the same car but mine is lx.

Looking for things to do to my car aswell.

welome to the forums man....let me know if you need help with anything..... esp if you have questions about performance parts or need some parts... i can hook you up through street unit (link in my sig)

but welcome to the forums is the bigest! wish i were up your way so we could hang out

Welcome welcome! Im in the same boat as you are Sephiroth. I don't know how to change my oil, but after being on the forums for as long as I have Ive learned a lot. I just haven't done a lot of self-installs because I don't have the nerve to try something like that.

Back