New member! My basically bone stock P5 inside

Audiologic

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
Hi guys, first post on the forums here, bought an 02 P5 out of necessity last year when my car broke down a week before I was moving. Ended up falling in love with it. Wishing it was a standard these days though.

auUPO.jpg

Only things I've done to it are completely redo the stereo with an Audison 1150rms amp for my Hertz subs, and replaced all the door speakers and the head unit.

qFLd6.jpg

Not really any room back there anymore. s*** is loooud.

Anyways I've been trawling through all the threads here looking for ideas what I want to do next. I'm for sure either going to redo the stock wheels black again, (except this time not super ghetto like right now) or buy some new rims. And I am thinking of lowering it just a little bit, but not a lot since I do drive on dirt roads to trails fairly often. Maybe tint the windows too.

Any suggestions?

Awesome! Welcome to the forums, I would say get a larger rear sway bar and some lowering springs. =)

Any recommendations on the springs? I've seen the tein S techs mentioned everywhere, but there was another brand that were substantially cheaper and had some good reviews from users too, I just can't find the thread for the life of me right now.

Nah, the crossbars were on the car when I bought it. Picked up the front loader rack recently though. I wish I had the technical knowhow to do a tranmission swap, but thats a bit out of my league for now haha.

Anyone have an opinion on the Canuck Motorsports lowering springs on ebay? I'd like to go with the teins since they're well known, but all the sellers I've found are going to kill me with shipping and duty charges, whereas the canuck motorsports guys are actually only a ferry ride away for me.

Yep, it's a mazda matt that came with the car. Dunno why I haven't taken it out yet, makes it easy for the sub box to slide around if it somehow has the screws come out.

So last night I was looking up vinyl wraps, and stumbled across this beauty:

GJVQt.jpg

It's now the inspiration for what I want to do to this car. I went and picked up an air compressor today, and tomorrow I am going to pick up a spray gun and some primer spraypaint and a big bucket of flat green paint. Gunna learn myself how to paint a car, and I figure you can all watch me either fail at it, or succeed. I'm also hopefully picking up a set of eagle talon wheels in vancouver next week, and might try to reel in some lowering springs while I'm over there too.

My wallet is going to haaate me because of this.

So I picked up a couple cans of primer and spray paint today. Tremclads flat green. Took the gas door of my old broken down camry and did a quick bad spray on it to see what the colour would look like.

What do you guys think? Go lighter?

Qp8tu.jpg

Apart from a couple of spots on the paint from just doing it out in an open garage on a windy bad day, I'm impressed with how even the paint came out.

Agree with swag, the gas cover looks to "OohRah" green. If you know what I mean. Do keep us up to date, love to see what people can do when they set there mind to something.

Agree with swag, the gas cover looks to "OohRah" green. If you know what I mean. Do keep us up to date, love to see what people can do when they set there mind to something.

Yea I completely agree. I picked up a camo green that I'm going to try on the hood of my old car today, just waiting for the primer to finish up and then I'll layer it on and post a picture.

Think I'm gunna hold off on the paint for now and save my time/money for new wheels and some lowering springs first.

Quick question for you guys, I found a seller on ebay who has some damn cheap reproduction wheels, and all I can find is good reviews on them. The only problem is that they are 73mm hub bore. I'd be able to use a spacer to solve this correct?

Back