New Mazda2 owner/STF competitor in San Diego!

Scott505

:
2012 Mazda2
Hello all!

I purchased a Liquid Silver Mazda2 about a month ago after selling my STU Evo X. I'm really loving the car and all its practicality. I already started modding it with an Injen CAI, Magnaflow/custom exhaust, TR C1 wheels wrapped in BFG Rivals (already had them on my Miata). I have a Racing Beat rear sway and AWR mount sitting in my apartment awaiting installation as well. I'm looking at getting a set of coilovers within the next month or so, most likely Fortune. Any tips from the STF gurus?

2s633b9.jpg

ftk9qw.jpg

Last edited:
welcome! I didn't know fortune made coilovers for the 2...some of the local miata enthusiasts here seem to really like them.

welcome! I didn't know fortune made coilovers for the 2...some of the local miata enthusiasts here seem to really like them.

Yeah, I've heard good things about Fortune Auto coils in general. OP, welcome, and take pics of the coils when you get them! I'd like to see how they're setup.

How are you liking the new BFGoodrich tires there?

Will do! I need to purchase them first though! It's been such a relief looking at aftermarket prices for the 2 vs. the Evo that I sold.

The Rivals seem to be fast but the communication feels off. It could've been the combination of it being my first event in a FWD car, coming from the old reliable RS3's, and it being unseasonably warm in San Diego. From what I've heard from other autoX'ers, sounds like the ZII's are the way to go. I just got a really good deal on the Rivals and couldn't pass it up.

Hello all!
I'm looking at getting a set of coilovers within the next month or so, most likely Fortune. Any tips from the STF gurus?

I have been looking at these also...If they had front camber adjustment I would probably already have gone with them. Just FYI, you cannot upgrade to the Swift springs in the back since they are not compatible. I like most everything else about them though.

The wheels are the TRMotorsports C1 15x7 +42. They are super cheap at $94/corner and under 13 lbs.

I have been rethinking the Fortune coilovers recently. I may go the springs/shocks route instead to save money. How do you like your Eibach/Corksport set up?

Looking at the Fortune Dyno plot, they don't impress me. Not nearly digressive enough for a car which is going to be driven on the street. I will stick with my Bilsteins then get them revalved by Fat Cat.

Back