New Mazda Logo

:
2023 CX-5S Select
Saw this article.

I was thinking it was time…Time to move on from the raised shiny chrome look that a lot of Brands have been using…Big fan of what Nissan did with their logo in recent years.

Looks good. Not too drastic of a change like Kia. I think Hyundai needs to update theirs. I know there’s not much you can do with an “H” but I always thought it’s too close to the Honda logo - which was probably the intent.

Doesn't look like a drastic change really, just more the stylization of their current logo (minorly different shape). But agreed with @7eregrine - will wait to pass judgement till I see it on an actual car.

Still like the shiny 3D logo. I think it looks more substantial and more like an "M".
Agreed, it's more interesting and upscale-looking.

This new design looks like a cheap two-dimensional sticker. If they feel the need for a change, fine, but hire someone other than a kindergartner to come up a with a design more fitting for Mazda's new upmarket aspirations.

Agreed, it's more interesting and upscale-looking.

This new design looks like a cheap two-dimensional sticker. If they feel the need for a change, fine, but hire someone other than a kindergartner to come up a with a design more fitting for Mazda's new upmarket aspirations.
That appears to be a bare bones version for the trademark application...I think Mazda has a very sophisticated design sense (especially compared to the other Japanese auto manufacturers) and so there is a good chance that it will not appear "cheap".

Also, as others have stated...We won't know for sure until we see it in the wild on Mazdas. It does seem the industry is moving away from these shiny 3D style badges that have been in use for decades and I welcome the change...

Back