New Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD Owner Questions

At the end of the month I'm receiving my brand new Mazda CX-5 Touring i-ACTIV AWD and I have a few questions:

- A dash cam is needed? If Yes, which one is the most recommended? The car will be parked on the street and I'm afraid of a Hit and Run incident.

- Is a good idea to install a Navigation SD?

- What about an anti theft passive device, is needed or the security of the car is enough?

Welcome!

A dash cam is needed? <=== Only you can answer this question. I certainly don't need one.

Is a good idea to install a Navigation SD? <=== My CX came with a card and I do like the integrated system. If you have Car Play or Android Auto you may not need the integrated nav system. Again, only you can answer this.

What about an anti theft passive device, is needed or the security of the car is enough? <=== What did you have in mind? Will you be parking in an area prone to theft? I don't have any issues in this area so the security built into the car is adequate for me.

Agree with what Conrad said above. I personally have a dashcam and it has saved me in one of the hit & run incidents I was involved in. It's basically paid for itself since my deductible was waived after I provided video evidence that it wasn't my fault. The footage was also used to apprehend the driver of the other vehicle (he had previous run-ins with the law, and the vehicle was uninsured).

I was just asking exactly because of that. Is a Yes then. I live in very populated city and a hit and run is always a possibility
Thanks for the quick answers

In an ideal world in which people well behave and don't lie, there is no use for a dash cam.
;)
I have one installed on my daily driver. Mazda6.

Last edited:
I have a Garmin nuvi 2555LMT GPS with a bean bag base holder. It can moved from car to car as the need arises. It's a "heads-up display" sitting on the dash when I need it; I don't even have to look down at the speedometer, LOL. If I get a new car it has GPS for free!.

No muss, no fuss, lifetime maps I update once per year, $150 incl. holder seven years ago and still going strong. Older units were good for about 5 years before the internal battery would crap out and the unit was shot. Either they got better made or I'm just lucky.

If we're on a road trip and we encounter a traffic stoppage without a Garmin warning, the wife fires up Waze to see what it might have to say. And I have paper maps for road trips! Remember those? If the expressway comes to a halt, there's no Garmin or Waze indication of the extent of the delay, and an exit is coming up, we will consult the map for a parallel surface road, go up an exit or three and get back on if the blockage has cleared.

For me, this is cheap and quite effective.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back