New Mazda-branded extended service plan - Mazda Extended Confidence

I love the estimates they give. Since when did brakes cost $1400? LOL

When we bought the car we were offered this. For everything including road hazard and all of the bells and whistles, it was like $3k! The road hazard alone, which included tires, rims and TPMS was like $700!! The guy kept saying "yeah, if you get a blow out, you will be out $200, for the tire, $400 for the rim and $100 for the TPMS sensor."
I told him, "the chances of me getting a blow out that takes out the whole wheel is slim to none, and the CX5 has an indirect TPMS system, so there isn't a sensor in the wheel. I'll pass on everything."

He looked shocked and said, "well, you see this shop outside? All they do is fix Mazdas all day".

I told him, "thats funny, you have a big advertisement saying how reliable mazdas are out in the hall, and the salesman told me most of their work is routine maintenance, and I shouldn't have to worry about anything. So, no, I don't want your plan. I'll take my chances, and if it turns out to be a big pile of s***, when my warranty is up, I'll get rid of it and tell everyone how big my Mazda s*** box was."

He didn't press the issue any longer.

Last edited:
Interesting, I wonder what other automotive companies they (Warrantech) underwrite for. I recall Toyota had a really good/comprehensive extended warranty plan (not sure if Toyota was the underwriter).

Found links to the plan on the mazdausa.com site:

Mazda Extended Confidence

If you look at the PDF brochure, it says "Administered by: WARRANTECH AUTOMOTIVE, INC"

Searching google for Warrantech Automotive, you'll find lots of complaints and a C- from the Better Business Bureau, so it does not look promising.

Anyone getting quotes on this new plan?

He looked shocked and said, "well, you see this shop outside? All they do is fix Mazdas all day".

I love lines like that. They do that when you buy appliances too and it is fun to look shocked and go "wow, I guess I should buy a better one somewhere else"

When we looked at an Audio A3 years ago the salesman just kept talking about how great we'd get treated in their service department and my wife and I looked at each other with the same question of how often do they expect us to be in there?

I love lines like that. They do that when you buy appliances too and it is fun to look shocked and go "wow, I guess I should buy a better one somewhere else"

When we looked at an Audio A3 years ago the salesman just kept talking about how great we'd get treated in their service department and my wife and I looked at each other with the same question of how often do they expect us to be in there?

Haha! Plans like these are obvious better for the dealer than the customer, or they wouldn't sell them.

Interesting, I wonder what other automotive companies they (Warrantech) underwrite for. I recall Toyota had a really good/comprehensive extended warranty plan (not sure if Toyota was the underwriter).

I got an extended warranty for my toyota, and yes, toyota did their own warranty. I've had a few minor issues that I could have done myself, but I paid for the warranty, so I made sure to use it. They were always great about everything. They even gave out rentals if they needed the car all day to locate a part.

I got an extended warranty for my toyota, and yes, toyota did their own warranty. I've had a few minor issues that I could have done myself, but I paid for the warranty, so I made sure to use it. They were always great about everything. They even gave out rentals if they needed the car all day to locate a part.

Yes, big difference with factory extended warranty.

My Lexus had a CPO warranty (extends beyond original factory warranty) and the service was exactly like the new car warranty experience complete with loaner Lexus cars, etc.

"Extended warranty! How can I lose?"
-Homer Simpson

Sorry, whenever I hear talk of extended warranties, that line comes to mind. Although, I have to say, if a truly quality extended warranty were available for the cx5, you could make a case for it, given the "clean sheet of paper" design. Sadly, most EW experiences of which I have first-hand knowledge have been decidedly negative.

"Extended warranty! How can I lose?"
-Homer Simpson

Sorry, whenever I hear talk of extended warranties, that line comes to mind. Although, I have to say, if a truly quality extended warranty were available for the cx5, you could make a case for it, given the "clean sheet of paper" design. Sadly, most EW experiences of which I have first-hand knowledge have been decidedly negative.

I got one through EasyCare, who used to underwrite Mazda Extended Protection Plan (MEPP) for $850 and it is a total protection package that covers everything but wear and tear items for 7 years. The only reason I did was because the CX-5 is in its first year run with a whole assortment of new technology.

I got one through EasyCare, who used to underwrite Mazda Extended Protection Plan (MEPP) for $850 and it is a total protection package that covers everything but wear and tear items for 7 years. The only reason I did was because the CX-5 is in its first year run with a whole assortment of new technology.

Thats seems like a good deal. Did you get it through the dealer, or on your own?

I got the Extended Warranty only because it's a new-ish engine, new-ish chassis etc.

Picked up an extended warranty for ours at time of signing for @$3k. Guy said it was the same company that porsche and a couple other high -end manufacturers use. Can't recall the name now, but they were having a $0 deductible special so i grabbed it. 70 mos. 70k miles covering all but wear items.

What about the new Mazda Extended Confidence

I cant seem to find it or buy it anywhere?????

I want a Mazda product that will be honored in any Mazda dealership and for years to come

I think of Extended Warranties as insurance policies, and insurance policies are rigged against you. The only time you should get an insurance policy is if it something you just can't afford to have happen (lose your house, health, etc.) If my car breaks, I will just pay to fix my car or just get a new one. There may be some scenario where it makes sense, but with the drivetrain warranty and my low mileage, it doesn't make sense for me.

Paying thousands of dollars for extended warranty that covers "70 mos. 70k miles covering all but wear items.", is not very useful because most expensive issues/repairs will happen well after warranty expires.

Pass.

Paying thousands of dollars for extended warranty that covers "70 mos. 70k miles covering all but wear items.", is not very useful because most expensive issues/repairs will happen well after warranty expires.

Pass.

But it'll be paid off by then..lol

Back