New Mazda 5 owner from Canada

Gigarange

:
2012 Mazda 5 GT
After almost a year of dreaming, hunting and drooling...finally got a 5.

I had seen them around, and looked once or twice at them in passing but didn't give them too much of a look until about a year ago when I suddenly added a second 4 year old to my family when my g/f and her daughter moved in with my son and I. I rented one shortly after that for a family trip because I was able to get it at a full size rate instead of the higher minivan rate, and I was in love.

There was a couple of attempts to make deals on a couple of 2007's and a 2009 all of which fell thru. Internet hunting only proved to be frustrating as I kept seeing good deals too far away. We quickly came up with a list of wants and don't care about's as far as features and color's.

I hadn't searched for awhile and I'm not sure what led me to look that day 2 weekends ago but up popped a red 2012 GT for what seemed like a good price and it was on the island I live on (granted 3 hrs away). As per usual we didn't think we could afford a newer body style one, but I called the dealer that had it anyways and got some info on what they could do for financing etc and apparently we were wrong!

So after some wheeling an dealing by text message, I got them to drop the price another $1000 off the "sale price" to convince us to come up and look at it before month end and we drove it home!

It has 48,300 km's on it.
11033878_1559800727638416_6003315885811115839_n.jpg

Welcome! That color is the best (course I'm a little biased) The GT means you have all the good stuff all ready, and don't have to ad it later.

thanks everyone.

about the only thing this is missing that I wish it had is a moon roof, but it wasn't a deal breaker...that and I wasn't excited about the leather seats with the red piping in it, and from my understanding is you can't have one without the other generally.

Also going to be looking into some way of adding side turn signals. I really find it strange that older 5's have the fender turn signal, and the 2014's have mirror signals...atleast in the GT's.

about the only thing this is missing that I wish it had is a moon roof, but it wasn't a deal breaker. ...

Welcome and if you are going to keep the car for a while, you don't want a moon roof ... its just another source of leaks :-(

are they known to leak on these cars? I've had 20 year old Honda's in the past that had no issues with the moon roof leaking.

Have had my 2007 for 6 years. Lots of milage, over 100 km per day. Never a leak form the sunroof. the 2006 had tailgait issues (cracking at the hinges and half of them had a different sunroof that was prone to jamming open. All long gone issues now!!

Enjoy years of trouble free driving. :)

thanks everyone.

about the only thing this is missing that I wish it had is a moon roof, but it wasn't a deal breaker...that and I wasn't excited about the leather seats with the red piping in it, and from my understanding is you can't have one without the other generally.

Also going to be looking into some way of adding side turn signals. I really find it strange that older 5's have the fender turn signal, and the 2014's have mirror signals...atleast in the GT's.

In '10 they got rid of the side turn signals and glove box light. They added traction control though. Your guess as to whether the deletes were done to offset cost of adding traction control.

Back