new lollipop update fixes text msg

designtheland

:
Mazda CX-5 Touring Silver
I just downloaded a new update to lollipop a couple days ago, vs 5.1.1, as of July 7th.

I have a Samsung S5 and it fixed the text msg function so it works again.

Go to settings and system update to download. Make sure u have a wifi connection when u update. Takes 20- 30 minutes.

When update is complete unpaired and delete the phone and re pair it To your cx-5. It works well, now!!

No 5.1.1 for Moto G 2nd gen yet!

I just downloaded a new update to lollipop a couple days ago, vs 5.1.1, as of July 7th.

I have a Samsung S5 and it fixed the text msg function so it works again.

Go to settings and system update to download. Make sure u have a wifi connection when u update. Takes 20- 30 minutes.

When update is complete unpaired and delete the phone and re pair it To your cx-5. It works well, now!!

I believe that the updates are rolled out by the phone manufacturer and carrier after the updates are released to them by Google. After all, each manufacturer has to have time to make sure all their CRAPWARE runs OK, with the new release !(pissed)

I am in the process of switching over to IOS anyway, after many good years with Android (way cheaper phones!). Ya gotta watch Apple like a hawk and not install their updates, until they have had time "to settle in". So far I like each but for different reasons. ie: After getting an Android (Moto G 2nd gen), it became apparent that I was not thrilled with the 5" form factor, so I confined my Iphone purchase to a 5s..seems to fit my hands better than the newer 6 series). Also own an LG P-870 which is a 4" phone. Yeah, the Moto and the LG both use a mini Sim, while the Iphone 5s uses a nano sim! PIA so if I am changing, I use a nano to micro sim converter, since cloning a sim is both impossible and ILLEGAL if it were possible.(crazy). Luckily my carrier (Consumer Cellular) does not charge for sim cards and you change your "plan" (there really is no contractual plan)at will...

Last edited:
Back