New lip, Should I keep it on there?

i58858543

Installed a new lip on the MS6 today. What do you think about it? I used 3M double sided tape and zip ties (didn't cut them yet in pics) to mount it in case I didn't like it, I could remove it and have no holes in the bumper. I know the car is filthy as well, going to wash it later today.

IMG_20110630_144423.jpg

IMG_20110630_144411.jpg

IMG_20110630_144400.jpg

IMG_20110630_144444.jpg

and a few pics of the install
IMG_20110630_141808.jpg

IMG_20110630_141821.jpg

IMG_20110630_141828.jpg

im sorry but i personally think that looks like a wannabe nascar lip.

sorry for the hate but i gotta say "eww".

I actually like it but, would be concerned with mounting. I drive really fast so i don't think it would hold without ripping something else off. We don't have any good kits for this car so, I give you a thumbs up for innovation. What did you make it out of ?

Its a mustang mach1 lip. I originally mounted it with 3m double sided tape and zip ties that went around that plastic piece you can see under the car from the front. I did this because I wasn't sure I was going to like/keep it. I decided it's going to stay so i have since added more zip ties that have been drilled into the bumper. It's on there good and not going anywhere. The lip on my Probe GT is mounted pretty much the same way and hasn't had any issues.
It's not an out of the box and on the car lip but it didn't take too much work to make it fit. I just had to cut some slits in the top so it would bend to the curves of the bumper and I also had to build up the center part of the bumper because it sits higher than the sides. I used part of my HD lip for that.
oh and I am lowered on RPM streets but I have a bunch of crap in the trunk and the car is on a hill so it doesn't look lowered.

I need a link to where you found this. I think it will look really good on a lowered car (mine) haha.

I love it! Did you have to trim it at all? What model year did you buy for? Can you post the link to the exact item for us?

I think it looks awesome! It would definitely look better if you were a bit lower but its something I've never seen. Do you have any more pictures of it on without all the zip ties dragging on the ground?!

I don't know if I can post a direct link but if you go to americanmuscle dot com and search mach 1 chin it should show up. I bought the one for a 99-04 GT. It was $74.99 when I bought it but its $59.99 now.
I had to modify the lip a little. I made a bunch of cuts in it to make it bend to the shape I wanted and I had to cut the ends since it was a little too long. I also had to build up (down I guess) the center part of the front bumper because it goes up. I used my Home depot lip for this. You can see it in the first pics I posted.
Here are some other pics w/ the zip ties cut. I think if I hadn't pulled the middle back as far w/ the zip ties it would look better. I plan on taking those middle ones off and putting some new ones on soon, just havent had time

IMG_20110720_191646.jpg

IMG_20110720_191633.jpg

I'm definitely doing this it looks awesome! I would probably give it a coat of flat black to match the other trip pieces to make it look like it came on the car. But none the less very nice.

Back