New ipod integration method available DISPLAYS ID3 TAG INFO

icspots

Paramagic
:
2012 Mazda 5
I just found out about this unit today but it by far blows everything else out of the water. It's sold by a company on ebay called integration solutions and is called the AXXESS ipod interface. It does all the regular stuff (charges the ipod, gives steering wheel controls, etc.) that all the other methods do however it trumps them all by providing ID3 tag display on the HU's LCD. That's right, finally someone got the track/artist/playlist info to display so you can actually see what you're listening to...... um figuratively anyway. ;)

The other big thing it does is offers you a version with an auxiliary input for other devices, or another version with a XM receiver instead of the aux. input.

HERE's the link to the ebay store who sells them. The seller is offering a group discount through another not-to-be-mentioned forum until July 2nd for $150 for the ipod/aux, and $199 for the ipod/XM.

Last edited:
Do they have a website. I'm weary of any company that only sells their products on ebay.

BSTD3 said:
Will this work in a Speed3?

Tentatively yes it will work in the speed 3. The description only lists compatibility with '04-'06, however they state that they just never tested one with the '07. I'm pretty sure there are people on another forum who have ordered them to test them out on the new model. If it works on a regular '07 then it will work on the speed3. As far as I know there weren't any firmware changes from '06 to '07 and all the other ipod integration methods that are available for the '06 work on the '07.

Capt Crunch said:
I've got a Speed3 with Sirius, will this work?

Assuming that everything works out with the '07 in general then yes it will work. The sirius connects to the HU through a port on the back of the HU. That's the same port that the OEM phatbox, and most every available ipod adapter use. The AXXESS module connects through the TAPE/MD slot on the bottom of the HU so unless you have the tape deck or mini disk changer then it won't conflict at all.

Beyond that with this you'll get back your auxiliary input as your OEM sirius disables the one in the armrest unless you buy the switchbox to connect both of them.

hashboogie said:
Do they have a website. I'm weary of any company that only sells their products on ebay.

I don't think they have a website right now but I think they were planning on setting one up. Actually after a member on another forum contacted him with questions the seller logged in to the forum and has already applied for sponsor status so I get the feeling he's pretty legit. I understand your waryness with ebay stores, however from a new business standpoint it makes a lot of sense. You just plug in your info and poof! you have a store. Takes a lot of time and worry out of setting up the business.

Well does anyone have this setup? Does it work well? Pics? Work in a Mazdaspeed3?

I found this on another forum:

Hey all,

I just recently purchased an axxess adapter (ipod with text + aux input) and after opening up the dash found out I have a clariion deck...which won't work with the axxess.

He has a speed 3 but I do not know if all speed 3 radios are built by Clarion.

Good point. If you have a GT though with Bose sound system, could the HU still be a Clarion? Bose speakers and a Clarion HU?

Yeah, the HU would still be made by the same manufacturer, just the amps and speakers are different. Just pull your HU and see if it says clarion on it.

How good is this? I have read on other forums that it does have some drawbacks. Is it true that i only plays tracks from playlists?

As far as I know, from experience with the CX-7's radios, only the Bose units are Clarion, standard audio is Sanyo, It works with the Sanyo units.

Back