New Guy needs some input

RUCrash

Hey Guys~

I found your site here a couple of days ago, and I'm hoping to gain some insite on the MS6. My current ride is a 04 Honda S2000, and with the Mrs. talking kids, I need something that is a little more child seat friendly. I said Evo right off the bat, she says Passat right off the bat, and I'm thinking the MS6 would be a good compromise. So, help me out. How is this thing really? And what's the real 0-60 time for this car? I've seen everything from 5.2 to 6.6. What can one really expect from a stock MS6? What are the most common or "necessary" mods? Any real achillies heel to the MS6?

Thanks for the info guys!

I think it is a great compromise of luxury and performance.

The 0-60 time is deceptive because (like most cars with a 6-speed) it requires a shift to 3rd. I'm not sure what kind of times people are getting, but that extra shift will make it appear slower than some other cars when that isn't in fact the case.

Weak link is the rear diff mounts. I haven't had a problem yet, but quite a few people have.

Drive it like you stole it, 5.6 to 60, no problem.

I would go get a Accord with 270 HP should be quick enough and save yourself the headache.

my car has over 40k miles and still nothing wrong with it yet, i make 305whp and it holds up good, the weak links so far is the rear diff mounts that dek said and also fuel cut. it mostly happens after you start modifying it.

Id go BMW 335i. Money being in question: Acura TL Type-S

I love the MS6. My 0-60 is a 5.4. It all depends on how you slip off the clutch (dumping the clutch is a big NO NO), and the shifts.

Bad points: Weight. Engine power drops off after 5500-5800 rpm, so shift there. Car is heavy, and doesnt handle as well as a S2000 or go-kart like the Evo, but it stays planted to the ground no problem. Aftermarket parts are expensive (limited production), engine internals are known to blow after 300 whp, turbo seals leak causing smoking. Weight. AWD saps more power than FWD. Did I mention weight?

Good points: I did a 1000 mile trip with 5 people in the car, and no one complained one bit. Try that in an EVO. Suspension is tight, but not harsh. Fuel economy can be pretty good if you are light on the gas. Interior is an A in my book. Power is awesome for a 3800 pound car. Still has some sleeper factor because not too many people know about it.

I have an 08 MS3 and for me, it's perfect. I can fit four people very comfortably and five if I need to. The best part is the power/fun factor. This is the best car I have ever owned and haven't regretted it for a minute.

Is there any particular reason you're looking for a sedan? If you don't mind giving up some trunk space, go with the MS3.

My brother has the regular M6 and it's pretty damn nice. The suspension is great and the driving dynamics make you feel as though it's a bit of a luxury car. I love how silent the car is inside while driving.

I personally looked at the Acura TL Type S too and liked it but found the interior road noise to be too much for such a pricey car. Fun to drive though, no doubt...and it looks sharp.

The Honda Accord was a thought too but it's like buying jeans at Walmart. They are perfectly good jeans but have no style whatsoever.

If you want power in a sedan package, you won't be sorry if you went with the MS6 but realize it's not as fast as an MS3. See my bias???

Either way, good luck on whatever you get. (2thumbs)

Thanks for the help and insite guys... I'm hoping to take a MS6 out for a test drive today. The Mrs and I took out a MS3 a few weeks ago, which she really didnt like for the price (I get the X-plan pricing on Mazda's to boot) so that one got written off. She's looking for luxuries, and I'm looking for a go-kart, so I'm hoping the MS6 turns out to be a good happy medium... Totally agree with the Accord comparison, looked at the S-Type, wife gripes that the headrests are too uncomfortable (???) and didnt like the price tag associated with it. I may check out a used 07 G35, but I've heard they're REAL heavy... Thanks again guys!

Back