New guy here and i have some questions

AZspeed6

:
mazdaspeed6
hello all,
my first post. great to be here and be a part of this forum. I have a 06 speed6. I am new to mazda's and i have read this forum alot. i have read alot of great info here, but i still need some help. so i need help with the cobb ap. right now i have the Stage1+SF 91 Octane map loaded. now i was wondering if this is the best map right now for me. my mods of the car are fujita cai, PG TIP, turbosmart bov, SU rear bone engine mount, denso IVT22, cobb ap. I will also soon have corksport turbo back. i am a little confused on where to get the launch control map, and the FFS, and how to set them up. i read the cobb ap thread from front to back. i'm still alittle bit confused.
thanks in advance

-Lawrence

Lawrence,

The map you have installed will not be 100% ideal because of your intake. These cars are very sensitive to changes in the intake, you will probably want to get a custom or E-Tune for your list of modifications especially if you plan on adding a turboback exhaust to your car.

Launch Control and FFS can only be turned on in AccessTUNER Race. You can download that through a link on our website here: http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/?id=4645.

ok, thanks travis i will be looking into a custom or e-tune once i get the turbo back on. I did the download and got the tuner race. now as far as "turning on" the LC and FFS goes, how do i do that? i see where you can set the LC rpm and the FFS rpm, but i do not see where i can turn it on.

you bascially set them to a value and then they are "on"

try these settings they work well for most people.

set LC RPM to 4100
speed limiter to 15mph
FFS RPM to 4500
speed hysteresis to 4mph

btw i would ditch the fujita intake. like travis said the intake on this car is extremely sensitive. the only one you should be considering is the cobb or CP-E because they are the only intakes who retain the stock diameter MAF housing. if you get this intake you wont really need a custom tune.

Back