New feature - 360 view.

I mean I’ll agree it’s not like it’s required to be able to park. But given the option I would totally add this to my spec sheet and find it useful.

I'm going to like the part where the front camera will be on for a bit so I can see how close I will be to the vehicle in front :)

Or at least parking distance sensors.

We get front parking sensors as standard feature on Touring, GT & Akera.

Think you guys are now just getting them as a standard feature (uhm)

We get front parking sensors as standard feature on Touring, GT & Akera.

Think you guys are now just getting them as a standard feature (uhm)

Yea I wish we had those on the CX-5 for sure. We just had the dealer added option which isn’t integrated and is apparently a waste of money. It is nice on the GTI though it’s a small enough car that it’s not really as much of an issue.

Yea I wish we had those on the CX-5 for sure. We just had the dealer added option which isn’t integrated and is apparently a waste of money. It is nice on the GTI though it’s a small enough car that it’s not really as much of an issue.

If I am not mistaken, the new Mazda 6 is supposed to come with front sensors as part of 360 camera. Oz land has these sensors for a while now, just not the camera.

Maybe they might start to add it to your CX-5 in the not too distant future (scratch)

It would be nice to get the front camera parking help on the CX5. With its long front end, it sometimes makes it hard to judge where the front end is in relation to the parking curb or object.

It would be nice to get the front camera parking help on the CX5. With its long front end, it sometimes makes it hard to judge where the front end is in relation to the parking curb or object.

You get drive away locking but we get front and rear parking sensors and a graphic that is overlaid onto the info screen. Here in reverse you can see it with the reversing camera and on the 17s, the front ones comes on automatically over whichever screen you are viewing at speeds under about 5mph if you get close enough to trigger them. Of course, not as good as a front camera but a very good alternative. The front and rear sensors have different tones of bleeps.

IMG_3473.jpg

This is the 17 arrangement;

Attachments

• Parking sensor front.pdf
    530.1 KB · Views: 102
You get drive away locking but we get front and rear parking sensors and a graphic that is overlaid onto the info screen. Here in reverse you can see it with the reversing camera and on the 17s, the front ones comes on automatically over whichever screen you are viewing at speeds under about 5mph if you get close enough to trigger them. Of course, not as good as a front camera but a very good alternative. The front and rear sensors have different tones of bleeps.

IMG_3473.jpg

This is the 17 arrangement;
I had this on my 6

That’s basically what the VW does. No front camera but sensors and overlay that pops up when they detect something. It’s handy. Why can’t we have this and auto locking lol.

I would happily take front proximity sensors over 360 camera, but will never give up that backup camera.

I would happily take front proximity sensors over 360 camera, but will never give up that backup camera.

360 view is rear view on steroids. If one likes the rear, certainly they'll come to love 360 view. Even more so when the F/R sensors are integrated into the system. Not something I use often, but very handy in parking garages.

360 view is rear view on steroids. If one likes the rear, certainly they'll come to love 360 view. Even more so when the F/R sensors are integrated into the system. Not something I use often, but very handy in parking garages.

Makes sense. I never find myself in parking garages, so I wouldn't make much use of it.

You don't need the sensors with the 360. Ray Charles might.

You don't need the sensors with the 360. Ray Charles might.

Better to have them than not have them.

If one is not paying attention to the screen and encounters something, the sensors will pick it up and notify the driver.

Or shopping centre car parks here

Back