New CX5 Owner impressions/questions

Lol my wife's an RN and feels the same way.

I think we all do. That said, I'm going to retire to cath/gi lab and happily rot away 9-5'ing it, here in another couple of years. If that doesn't work, I'll retire to Red Lobster or Olive Garden, lol!

Congrats, and congrats on almost being out of the healthcare field! I'm smack in the middle of my career in it, and envy you! However, I can always fall back on waiting tables, and have threatened to do so many times before to myself, lol!

Unobtanium, I'm sure Dr.Schwartz appreciates the congrats, but nowhere did he indicate that he was in the medical field, rather a professor.

Now I know why the wrong limb gets amputated or the wrong organ removed. Details. (hand) ;) (j/k)

Unobtanium, I'm sure Dr.Schwartz appreciates the congrats, but nowhere did he indicate that he was in the medical field, rather a professor.

Now I know why the wrong limb gets amputated or the wrong organ removed. Details. (hand) ;) (j/k)

True! Luckily, I don't make big decisions like that. I'm just a peon ;)
You're right. Dr does NOT = MD.

That said, I'd almost rather be an MD than a professor. So much BS going on in the worlds of both!

I need one advice from you guys

I bought the car yesterday. But after buying only I noticed odometer reading is 333 miles. What should I do now? Could you please provide me your advice

My advice is to enjoy your new car. It was probably driven in from another dealership. I wouldn't worry about it.

My advice is to enjoy your new car. It was probably driven in from another dealership. I wouldn't worry about it.

This. I used to work at a dealership, and this is very common practice on lower end vehicles, especially family/CUV/truck types.

I special ordered by CX5 and told the dealership to leave it alone after it was dropped off by the truck. When I got there it still had the white protective wrap on it and I drove it home with the wrap. It had 0.1 miles on the odometer.

I special ordered by CX5 and told the dealership to leave it alone after it was dropped off by the truck. When I got there it still had the white protective wrap on it and I drove it home with the wrap. It had 0.1 miles on the odometer.

I plan to special order my CX5 in the spring--How long did it take from order to delivery??

<- RN who recently purchased a 2016 Touring. Love it. Debating whether to lower it a tad bit.....hmmmmm

I plan to special order my CX5 in the spring--How long did it take from order to delivery??

I ordered it and from the factory in Japan it took almost 8 weeks to get it built, shipped, port arrival and sent to the dealership. I had them install the MSS at port but since it was a "special order" Mazda they included it on the window sticker.

It was a GT, soul red, parchment interior, AWD, roof rack, iActivSense, tech package, etc. MSRP was $34,635

Remember, only high-volume Mazda dealers can special order. Otherwise, Mazda will not do it. A high-volume dealer has more pull and can make special orders.

But my daughter is a BSN, although she drives a Jetta :) Yes, I am a lowly English professor.

I bought the car yesterday. But after buying only I noticed odometer reading is 333 miles. What should I do now? Could you please provide me your advice
Not much you can do now if you have signed the paper unless the car has been titled before. You can inquire your dealer for the reason of having these miles on a new car and may be seeking some compensations, such as free cargo cover, out of it. You can check the manufacture date on the door-jamb sticker and see how long this CX-5 had been sitting in its lot if the window sticker is showing the destination dealer is your dealer. To me the worst in your case would be a demo car and had many different people test-driven it. But really, there is not much you can do at this time other than simply enjoying the new CX-5. Check you oil level and tire pressure if you have a chance!

Yeah we special ordered our CX-5 and getting the lowest mileage possible on odometer is one of the reason to do that.

But my daughter is a BSN, although she drives a Jetta :) Yes, I am a lowly English professor.

I did the RN,BSN thing, and I'm still not convinced I didn't waste 2 years of income potential. They say it's worth it...but...I've yet to see a return on the extra 2 years?

As to English Professors, well, some of you guys were pretty darn cool, if I recall my college years correctly.

I personally think that the job of teacher/professor is one of the most important---not for what book-facts you teach a kid or young adult---but for how you inspire and impact their view on the world. You have some real power to shape an individual!

Last edited:

My 16 GT had 500 miles on it when I purchased it. I wasn't thrilled but was also impatient on finding the exact model and color I wanted. It had been dealer traded 3 times. My salesman showed me the line of trades to see where the miles came from.

I ordered it and from the factory in Japan it took almost 8 weeks to get it built, shipped, port arrival and sent to the dealership. I had them install the MSS at port but since it was a "special order" Mazda they included it on the window sticker.

It was a GT, soul red, parchment interior, AWD, roof rack, iActivSense, tech package, etc. MSRP was $34,635

Remember, only high-volume Mazda dealers can special order. Otherwise, Mazda will not do it. A high-volume dealer has more pull and can make special orders.

8 weeks isn't bad!! Were you able to get the dealer to give you a decent price even though it was a special order?? Excuse my ignorance but what is MSS?

We special-ordered our 2016 CX-5 last February and it took only 23 days to arrive. The trick is you can ask your dealer checking its system to find out all CX-5's which are sitting in the Mazda's port of entry in LA, and are still on the Pacific Ocean. As the color choices and optional packages are simple for CX-5, it should be easy to find an exact one you want. You can add all of these port-installed accessories such as MMS, which would have better results and quality than installed by dealers, and these would listed on the window sticker like Lbear mentioned. But it'd take longer time.

Any Mazda dealer can special order your new car. But the smaller ones are hesitate to do it or take longer time as their order frequency is less and they need to pack your order together with their routine orders.

Our 2016 Sonic Silver CX-5 GT AWD with Tech Package arrived on March 12th, 2015 and we watched the dealer unwrapping the white protective wrap and prepping the car. It had 3 miles on the odometer.

I am having the same issue with my recently purchased 2015 AWD. Lots of tiny corrections, all the time. For me it's most noticeable at higher speeds - really have to steady the wheel with both hands when winding on the highway.

I can't quite put my finger on it. The tread on my Geolanders is equal all round.
Let's keep in touch on this the this issue. With the new Continental ECs the drifing/tramlining is less noticeble,but still there. I may just get an alignment just to see if the that helps. As mentioned it looked fine when they put it on the rack after the new tires were installed.If you find a solution let me or the forum know. I will do the same. Thanks

I am having the same issue with my recently purchased 2015 AWD. Lots of tiny corrections, all the time. For me it's most noticeable at higher speeds - really have to steady the wheel with both hands when winding on the highway.

I can't quite put my finger on it. The tread on my Geolanders is equal all round.

I had a bit of a breakthrough on the drifting/tramlining issue. I had my CX5 in to local shop for an oil change. They did a complimentary check of a bunch of areas. After the work, I noticed the steering felt more "solid", with better tracking on any surface. I chatted with the shop and they did not make any adjustments other than adjusting the tire pressure. They set the pressure to 35 pounds,several pounds less than the tire dealer put in when I had them installed. It seems that really solidified the feel of the steering and general tracking on any surface. If you haven't yet, check tire pressure! 35 pounds works well!

Last edited:
If you haven't yet, check tire pressure! 35 pounds works well!

I can't see from your profile what model CX-5 you have. Are you aware that the 17" and 19" recommended pressures are different? In other words, I don't know what size tires you are recommending 35 psi for. I have the 17" tires, the Geolander's and some winter tires. I've tried them at a wide variety of pressures and haven't noticed any tendency towards tramlining at any tested pressures (between 32 psi and 42 psi).

Back