new cosmo owner in need of advise

mazda speeder

:
Skyline 350 GT
Hi all, great forum for a great car!
i have just bought a 13b 92' cosmo.
i love it and ill get some pics up soon, but im having problems and i need your help.
The electronic dash is faulty, only the speedo and rev meter light up, and only the speedo operates. The digital clusters on either side do not light up or function at all, so i cant tell the engine temp, fuel, mileage etc...

iv taken the instrument cluster out and stripped it down, couldnt really see anything wrong, so i jst put it back together and made sure all connections are tight. refitted but it made no difference, im wondering is there something else i am missing that would affect these digital instruments?

thanks!

picture of my cosmo... can anyone read japanese?

Attachments

• Photo008.jpg
    Photo008.jpg
    508 KB · Views: 772
picture of my cosmo... can anyone read japanese?

I speak Chinese, so for Japanese, its like German or Spanish to an English speaker(jerkit)

The words at the back of your car is Chinese though
which reads Hainan Mazda a.k.a. Haima, a joint car maker in China between a Chinese maker and Mazda, making Mazda models only for the Chinese market
You are not supposed to see this marque in the original Cosmo, a top-notch car and way back to the time before this marque was born
Just a bit curious, is it left by the previous owner or you put it on?

does this mean they had cosmos in China?

No, Haima is just around for a couple of years, selling 'affordable' Mazda3s and 6s in China. And Cosmo is a JDM car just as the Japanese keep the best stuff for themselves only.

Welcome to Mazda Forums, mazda speeder!

Glad you found our Cosmo section here & congrats on being a new Eunos Cosmo owner!

As for the instrument cluster issues, could it be that some of the circuitry has gone bad..? I know that a new instrument cluster (if they are still available) is unbelievably expensive...Hopefully one of our fellow Cosmo owners here can chime in and provide assistance...:D

That Chinese Mazda badge is a very interesting find...Thanks for the translation, OGC! Perhaps a previous owner had some sort of connection to the company and wanted to "represent" on an EC...As OGC stated though...The Eunos Cosmo is "JDM" through & through...;)

Welcome to the exclusive Cosmo owners club!

Your Cosmo's body work look like it is in good condition and there is a body kit?

I'm no help on fixing the dash :(

I too had an idle rev gauge when i first test drove my car before purchasing.
no needle lights only gauges your isn't showing.
you will need a donor cluster, shouldn't be bad price wise as i had mine installed for 250? au$

the tricky part will be getting your odometer reading onto it.
also make sure it's a 13b one.

Back