new bluetooth audio playback options just appeared on screen

FEIman

:
2015 cx-5 touring
I have a 2015 cx5 touring model and I pretty much only listen to music off of my Phone via bluetooth (Samsung galaxy S5 and before that my S3). I have always been disappointed with the lack of control options on the bluetooth screen (just the basic play/pause and track forward/back buttons), until yesterday. I did the latest phone upgrade to the new android 5.0 lollipop and now I am able to folder search, set repeat or shuffle tracks, all without touching my phone.

Just wanted to share, I hope it helps

Last edited:
It does, thanks. Haven't seen the A5.0 update thus far with AT&T. What's your mobile carrier?

I have AT&T, I was poking around in the phone and told it to check for updates and it was there.

So, today the complete opposite happened to me. I don't know why either, because yesterday everything was normal and I didn't do anything/nothing updated. But now, when listening to music through google play music, there is no data, just a picture of a music symbol. The forward/pause/reverse buttons work, but there is no other information. Things just went poof, byebye.

I think some of this connectivity stuff is device dependent. For the longest time my call history would be empty every time I started the car; only those calls made during current operation of vehicle would be in call history. I recently updated the roaming on my ancient Verizon flip phone, and now my complete call history is shown. YMMV.

Thats great. I have the 2015 CX5 Sport which I think is the equivalent of the touring model ( leather seats etc) and have a Sony Xperia Z3 compact paired. My android just updated to 5.02 however using the Sony music app paired I didn't get the folder search, shuffle or repeat.

Did you go to 5.0 on Android or was it to 5.01, 5.02 or 5.1 which are all out there I believe?

I have a 2014 CX5 Touring with the Nav and Bose. My phone is a Galaxy S5 with 5.0 Lollipop, and my carrier is Verizon. I am able to use the Pandora function without issue over bluetooth.

Back