New 2017 CX-5 Touring hood is hot

There is no problem, as far as I can tell. Engine temp indicators read fine, there are no codes and the engine is working fine. It could just be something as simple as the heat from the engine having nowhere else to go - heat rises, so the hood and fenders get hot. The CX-5's engine bay appears to be well sealed due to the weather stripping around the engine bay and on the hood. Hood and fenders feel normal right after the car is turned off because ambient air is flowing through the engine bay as you drive, and because the engine fan is operating.

Agreed, I wouldn't assume there is a problem just because you subjectively think the fenders are hotter than they should be. Have you checked other snowflake white Mazda's to see if they are different?

The car is Snowflake White and has 36,000 km on it.
It is not the sun and the engine is not tight.
I know that black cars get hot and new engines smell.
I was hoping that this had happened to somebody else and they had found a solution.
It is not normal and I will certainly let everybody know if and when I find out what the problem is.
I do appreciate the input and thank you for your time.
That is normal. You worry about non existent issues. Its radiant heat when the engine is turned off. It has to go somewhere. The engine bay is pretty close from everywhere top and bottom. The laws of thermodynamics - colder parts absorb the heat. Anything metal will absorb more.

Back